Can somebody please tell me how to make my apple store app appear in Passbook.
    I have my best buys, wallgreens, Star bucks etc. But cannot find out how to get my apple store app there.

Thanks in advance
    Harley_guy
    04-20-2013 12:06 AM
    Can somebody please tell me how to make my apple store app appear in Passbook.
    I have my best buys, wallgreens, Star bucks etc. But cannot find out how to get my apple store app there.

Thanks in advance
    Harley_guy
    http://itunes.com/passbookapps

http://m.cnet.com/news/apple-adds-pa...e-app/57548282
    04-20-2013 12:13 AM
    OK, I have the app installed on my phone, but it's not located in my passbook app. How do I get in to show up in my passbook?
    04-20-2013 12:19 AM
    OK, I have the app installed on my phone, but it's not located in my passbook app. How do I get in to show up in my passbook?
    The Apple Store App itself does not appear in Passbook, but gift cards purchased via the app can be sent to Passbook or a recipient's Passbook app. At least that is my understanding.
    04-20-2013 12:21 AM
    I heard it can be installed, and seen pictures with the app in passbook. This thing has me going nuts. 😱
    One thing I always hated about apple is nothing is ever easy.

Thanks
    04-20-2013 12:24 AM
    I heard it can be installed, and seen pictures with the app in passbook. This thing has me going nuts. 

Thanks
    If you've seen it in the Passbook app as depicted in the below screen, you are viewing an Apple Store gift card.

Apple store App and Passbook-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1366464753.620178.jpg
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 04-20-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    04-20-2013 09:32 AM
    I heard it can be installed, and seen pictures with the app in passbook. This thing has me going nuts.

Thanks
    It's not meant to run apps. That would be absurd.

It's not "easy" because you're trying to do something it wasn't designed to do.

It's meant to hold onto purchased items in a manner they can be easily redeemed. The pictures you'd see are purchased items, gift cards.

Try doing what it's meant to do and see if you have more luck? If not, you'll find the same frustration in any platform. It's similar to posting in forums. When you post where help isn't likely, they move the thread for you. If you try to force it, they aren't likely to say "sure, you're brilliant. Let's instantly redesign the process." When you stop trying to force things and start enjoying their intended purpose, you'll be much happier.
    04-20-2013 12:15 PM
    It's a fairly common misunderstanding of Apple Passbook. Simply think of Passbook as the digital equivalent of your leather wallet. Look in your wallet - at the tickets, coupons, membership cards, business cards, credit cards, store value cards etc..) and over time all these cards will be replaced digital 'cards' (known as Passes in Passbook).

Instead of being issued/distributed via the post or "over the counter" you'll get these Passes from email, direct off a website, from within an app (eg Aeroflot issues boarding Passes from inside it's app) or even by scanning a QR code.

Hope this helps
    Alli likes this.
    04-22-2013 09:27 PM