Does anyone know of a source for iCal calendars to add to the stock calendar app? I have quite a few already on my Google Calendar (not the same format as iCal) but I'm trying to release myself from being tied to Google for everything.
    04-19-2013 04:39 PM
    Apple has a long list of public iCal calendars for holidays, sports schedules, etc. I don't have the link handy though.
    04-19-2013 04:55 PM
    http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/calendars/

Not sure if you can subscribe directly from your iOS device, but if you don't have a Mac, I think you can through iCloud.com.
    04-19-2013 04:58 PM
    Thanks. I saw these earlier but the latest one's are 2 years out of date.

The problem I'm having is I've got some calendars set up on MS Outlook on my PC but I can't seem to sync them to my iPhone. I've set up the sync and my icloud calendar has synced onto Outlook but the Outlook cals haven't appeared on my iPhone.
    04-19-2013 05:32 PM
    They may show as being two years old but if your subscribed they have current data. Like I have the US holidays one and it still has current and future holidays. For something more variable, a sports schedule I'm subscribed to has been accurate each season as well.
    04-19-2013 06:56 PM
    If there is a way to subscribe to those outside of Mac's Calendar app - I've not been able to find it...
    04-19-2013 06:59 PM
    If you click on a link to download an .ics calendar on an iPhone, you will get a prompt to subscribe to it.
    kch50428 likes this.
    04-19-2013 07:14 PM
    If you click on a link to download an .ics calendar on an iPhone, you will get a prompt to subscribe to it.
    Cool. Didn't know that... Now I do. Thanks
    04-19-2013 07:17 PM
    I found this as well. Looks like they have lots of good calendars.

http://www.icalshare.com/
    kch50428 and TurboTiger like this.
    04-19-2013 07:18 PM
    I found this as well. Looks like they have lots of good calendars.

Welcome to iCalShare
    Tks for that link Karen. Hadn't seen that one before.

Good Luck
    04-19-2013 10:09 PM
    The subscribed calendars seem to be the one's that won't sync to my iPhone. I have 3 subscribed that I dl'd from icalshare.com and one that isn't subscribed to. Only the none subscription one syncs. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the file extension maybe. I'm not sure if they have different file extensions or not, I don't know how I could find this out.

Having said that it may have nothing to do with extensions anyway, so I'm stumped as to why they won't sync.
    04-20-2013 04:49 AM
    Depends on what you're looking for. When they announced the new Saints (football) schedule for the upcoming year, I went to one of the official Saints websites and clicked on the new ics available there. Try going to the website that lists the calendar you want.
    04-20-2013 09:08 AM
    Depends on what you're looking for. When they announced the new Saints (football) schedule for the upcoming year, I went to one of the official Saints websites and clicked on the new ics available there. Try going to the website that lists the calendar you want.
    Alli, I'm using the link below which updated my subscription within hours of the official release of the schedule. But the LSU schedule still hasn't updated.

New Orleans Saints - Schedule - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Good Luck & Go Saints & Geaux Tigers
    04-20-2013 12:28 PM
    Alli, I'm using the link below which updated my subscription within hours of the official release of the schedule. But the LSU schedule still hasn't updated.

New Orleans Saints - Schedule - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Good Luck & Go Saints & Geaux Tigers
    It will only update if the host updates it. I'm perfectly happy updating annually - gives me something to look forward to after the schedule is announced.
    04-20-2013 01:35 PM