The New Yahoo! Weather App

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Another great weather app, forecast.io. It's a web app but your cant tell it, so smooth and slick and the animations are by far the best I have ever seen in any app.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, the radar map is not animated. At least not in this particular version, but I primarily use the MyRadar Pro app for radar purposes anyway.

regarding Severe Weather Alerts i currently have them sent by SMS via TWC

i recently purchased MyRadar Pro and it seems pretty accurate. 2 things.. do you happen to know if the NWS alerts are really dependable and is the $3.99 a one time charge?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
regarding Severe Weather Alerts i currently have them sent by SMS via TWC

i recently purchased MyRadar Pro and it seems pretty accurate. 2 things.. do you happen to know if the NWS alerts are really dependable
Yes, they are dependable. At least they've been in my experience. As a matter of fact, we were under a tornado watch this past Friday and the MyRadarPro app alerted me.
and is the $3.99 a one time charge?
Thus far it is. I purchased it when I had my 4S and when I switched over to the 5 and reinstalled it, all I did afterwards was select 'restore purchases' via the app and all was well. Furthermore, when I purchased the NWS warnings add-on, it didn't say anything about it being a yearly subscription or anything like that. :)

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I did, too, and if I remember correctly, the Yahoo Mail app that I'm currently testing and liking a lot received an update as well.
let us know how you like the email app and any of the other yahoo apps. If the other apps are this good it may make me forget about having in one inbox.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
let us know how you like the email app and any of the other yahoo apps. If the other apps are this good it may make me forget about having in one inbox.

I really enjoyed the Yahoo email app a lot. It is very well made and works flawlessly. If it were my primary account, I would definitely *consider* using it in lieu of the native mail app. Anyway, I was only testing it and have since gone back to using the native mail app.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the yahoo weather was released I always like this better then apple weather app I hope iOS 7 go with the new yahoo weather app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2