The New Yahoo! Weather App

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yahoo! has released a beautiful new weather app. I downloaded it moments ago on the recommendation of one of my brothers and thus far, I like it. I don't need it because I have several weather apps already, but what the heck! Anyway, check it out in the App Store if you're interested.

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yahoo!-weather/id628677149?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iTunes Link[/URL].

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's what Apple's stock Yahoo-powered iOS Weather app ought to be. :)

When my brother told me about the app, the first thing that question that came to my mind was, "Isn't the Apple weather app powered by Yahoo!? After downloading it I, too, concluded that it is what Apple's stock weather app ought to be like.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed in a few places there is the "Y!" symbol in the lower corner on ios . . is there a connection apple has with yahoo or just a coincidence? Sorry, this seems like a pretty dumb question but just thought I'd ask

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed in a few places there is the "Y!" symbol in the lower corner on ios . . is there a connection apple has with yahoo or just a coincidence? Sorry, this seems like a pretty dumb question but just thought I'd ask
Yahoo is the data provider for the stock weather app...

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
That's what was confusing me, because this was a yahoo weather app so it just seemed like a no-brainer to swap them out, but I suppose that would be apple's decision, and hence your statement that it should be stock . . . ok thanks.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
gonna give this a whirl and if it doesn't work out there will be Hell to pay

It's an awesome app. Best looking weather app I've tried. It's missing a few small things that are sure to come in a future update. I'm switching the Weather Channel out for this one immediately.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty but doesn't give Environment Canada weather warnings.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366321619.031799.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366321630.264056.jpg

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

ckillam3

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Given that one doesn't have to have a Yahoo account, I downloaded the weather app this afternoon. It is much slicker than Weather 2X, Weather.com, Solar, and Living Earth. I really like the photographs, weather map, and sunrise and sunset data. Great app so far.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I loaded it up.. It's has a nice design... But don't like the pictures it pulls.. From peoples public feeds... Partly cloudy was linked to a user who posted a picture of dark, dark clouds for a storm... I would say that does not really match my conditions....

I checked flickr and noticed there is no tags on the ones it uses, so how does it know what to pull in?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Given that one doesn't have to have a Yahoo account, I downloaded the weather app this afternoon. It is much slicker than Weather 2X, Weather.com, Solar, and Living Earth. I really like the photographs, weather map, and sunrise and sunset data. Great app so far.

I agree that it is indeed a slick looking app. ...:)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I downloaded it earlier today and have to say it's really nice.
I wish the "feels like" temp was on the initial screen
Give it a go.

Good Luck

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
It's pretty but doesn't give Environment Canada weather warnings.

View attachment 29757View attachment 29758

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

That's why I'll be using both, depending on what I'm looking for.

Yahoo weather looks great, love the layout, like the pictures.
UI is better than The Weather Network app in part because it doesn't have nearly as much to display.
But, most of the secondary screens on TWN I never look at anyway, so no loss.

Yahoo Weather: Great app.

vwarp

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I love it. I have actually deactivated the default app in the notifications menu to get used to using this one for info. Hear is to hoping ios7 has some nice modern refreshes..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh