A good app for writing a book?

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

As a long shot, I plan to write a book. But I was thinking if there is any app that helps one go through this tedious (yet exciting) process? Like, note taking, point writing, writing the idea in brief for the next chapter?

It will be mix of a note-taking app, a reminder app and Pages.

Thanks!

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using an app called Manuscript to write a novel. It has a password, Dropbox sharing, index cards, chapters, pitch, synopsis. You can save as XML, TXT, RTF and HTML and email it from the app.

Cafeina

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... I struggled with this question myself. I started with Docs to Go, but I find that I prefer to use Pages and Evernote. Evernote is for notes and for the outline. Pages is for the actual manuscript. I have four novels-in-progress. One of them has the first draft finished. I'm working on edits.

Appvism

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I can't exactly help with regards to whether this is good specifically for writing a novel/book, but i've recently bought the IA Writer app which looks and feels quite good. But then, not sure if this is too minimalist and simple for your needs - but maybe google search that app and check out the reviews and info for it. I am not a writer but I am looking to use that app myself to try and write more, including note taking and short pieces.

Cheers,

Richard Devine

iMore staff
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I can't exactly help with regards to whether this is good specifically for writing a novel/book, but i've recently bought the IA Writer app which looks and feels quite good. But then, not sure if this is too minimalist and simple for your needs - but maybe google search that app and check out the reviews and info for it. I am not a writer but I am looking to use that app myself to try and write more, including note taking and short pieces.

Cheers,

+1 for iA Writer. Distraction free, plain text, and iCloud or Dropbox sync. I use it for all my writing and with Mac and iOS apps it's always with me.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members