Calendar Help

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So looking at the calendar that comes with the phone it doesn't show the holidays...does anyone know of any way to add the holidays to the calendar without having to add another calendar cuz I already have birthdays and appointments etc on that one I was just wondering if maybe there was a plug in or something...appreciate any advice on this one ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So looking at the calendar that comes with the phone it doesn't show the holidays...does anyone know of any way to add the holidays to the calendar without having to add another calendar cuz I already have birthdays and appointments etc on that one I was just wondering if maybe there was a plug in or something...appreciate any advice on this one ;)

The easiest way is to add a subscribed calendar:

1. Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Under Accounts, tap Add Account
3. Tap Other
4. Under Calendars, tap Add Subscribed Calendar
5. In the Server box, type http://ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics
6. Tap Next
7. Tap Save (no other entries needed)

If you’re looking at this on your phone, simply click the link and you’ll be prompted to subscribe. Then you’re done. Easy peasy... but it IS another calendar...

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way is to add a subscribed calendar:

1. Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Under Accounts, tap Add Account
3. Tap Other
4. Under Calendars, tap Add Subscribed Calendar
5. In the Server box, type http://ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics
6. Tap Next
7. Tap Save (no other entries needed)

If you’re looking at this on your phone, simply click the link and you’ll be prompted to subscribe. Then you’re done. Easy peasy... but it IS another calendar...

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Awesome...thanks so much I actually saw that in iTunes but couldn't figure out how to get it into my calendar and altho it is another calendar it's just the holidays I really wanted to add to mine. You'd think that apple would have thought about putting holidays in the calendar. Or maybe it's just me using my calendar a lot LOL. Thanks so much for the help totally appreciate it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Awesome...thanks so much I actually saw that in iTunes but couldn't figure out how to get it into my calendar and altho it is another calendar it's just the holidays I really wanted to add to mine. You'd think that apple would have thought about putting holidays in the calendar. Or maybe it's just me using my calendar a lot LOL. Thanks so much for the help totally appreciate it.

Glad to help out where I can.

You could add them manually, but some of the holidays change dates every year... it’s just easier this way. And FWIW, I have 10 of my own calendars, plus Birthdays and US Holidays. It just makes it easier for sharing them via iCloud with my wife. She has stuff that I don’t care about (her work stuff), I have stuff that she doesn’t care about (my work stuff, my HOA meeting schedule, etc), and stuff we both need.

Plus, if you decide that you don’t want to see them for a specific period of time, simply uncheck the US Holidays calendar on your phone. The data is still there, but won’t display on your phone... and when you want it back, just check the calendar. Once it’s setup/added, it really is easy to tweak.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Ya that's awesome. My husband hasn't stepped into this iPhone world yet heck he's still enjoying his envy LOL (I think that's what he has) not sure he'll ever be ready to venture into our world he says I spend too much time on it as it is...but I'm loving my calendar now too. I've had a good day ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR