I was just recently on another thread talking about BYOD and the rise of certain applications in certain industries. I mentioned healthcare and the rise of new applications that are taking the place of the old dinosaur pagers. I thought it was pretty cool and interesting because i have a lot of friends who are physicians and they talk about it alll the time..

I know of OnPage which is a pager replacement application for any iOS device (also android and blackberry) and you can essentially just replace your pager with this app for your iPhone. So now physicians can just bring their own device to work and still get paged! If you ask me anything seems more reliable than those old pagers, they just seem completely outdated! This seems like a very cool app though i am interested if anyone has personal tried it or use it in their profession? Or tried any app like it?
    02-13-2013 12:37 PM
    Check out Imprivata Cortext, a free HIPAA compliant texting app for your iPhone, Android or computer. Over 500 organizations have Cortext today, many of them using it as a form of pager replacement. Visit Imprivata Cortext.
    02-14-2013 04:14 PM
    I asked my buddy and he did check them out but because it was a free application, it just wasn't as robust and reliant as a working tool...he told me that although a free application would be nice, when it comes to his job and his dependence on receiving messages, he couldn't just leave it up to chance, he needed something completely reliable.. and you seem to get that with a paid app- its what your paying for!

Also, you seem to be an advertisement... not cool.
    02-19-2013 09:26 AM