@mailbox by Orchestra

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The number of people they seem to be letting through the gate appears to have slowed right down. I was at 758,000 ten days ago, now i'm at 520,000. To be honest, I'm really not that bothered by this app and if they hoped to build hype by making people wait, well they've failed with this customer. I just can't be bothered to keep it on my phone any more. If I trial a new app I will install it, use it and delete it if I don't like it. Having to wait well over a month just to see if I like the app is just plain stupid.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The number of people they seem to be letting through the gate appears to have slowed right down. I was at 758,000 ten days ago, now i'm at 520,000. To be honest, I'm really not that bothered by this app and if they hoped to build hype by making people wait, well they've failed with this customer. I just can't be bothered to keep it on my phone any more. If I trial a new app I will install it, use it and delete it if I don't like it. Having to wait well over a month just to see if I like the app is just plain stupid.

I think it's sped up. Down to 128,789 right now from what I posted yesterday.... Going quickly it seems!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Would you rather them open it up to everyone and then no one be able to use the app because of server overloads and crashes? They are rolling it out slowly to allow them to expand their servers as the number of users grows. When they reach a suitable server capacity, they plan to open it up to anyone and will then support additional email services, too.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Update from mailbox blog:

Scaling at Mailbox continues in earnest, and the line is moving faster every day.
During its first week Mailbox delivered 50 million emails. Currently, the service is delivering 50 million emails every day. That is an incredible number for a brand new app. For comparison?s sake, Twitter took three years to reach the number of daily messages that Mailbox reached in less than four weeks. Of course, Twitter?s network started from scratch while Mailbox taps into an existing fire hose. Nevertheless, it?s been a massive undertaking to scale 40x faster without a fail whale to lean on.
A critical part of Mailbox scaling is its brand new infrastructure. Mailbox relies on servers in the cloud to do things like send push notifications, download email as fast as possible, and handle ?snoozed? messages. Software that is server-based is susceptible to being overloaded, and we want to keep this from happening. This is email, after all, and it needs to work reliably. This is why we still have a line. If you?re waiting in line, know that we?re working as hard as possible to get Mailbox in your hands soon.
As we continue to scale, we?re also hard at work on new product features and growing our user support. To this end, user feedback continues to be incredibly helpful. Thanks for letting us know what you love, what you don?t, and what you want for your Mailbox. It?s making a difference.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I got it a couple weeks after release and it is nice but just not for me. For one, it's not a default email app (I know, not their fault). And second I like to have everything in one place. I can kind of see where if you have tons of email coming in a day it can be useful. But I will stick with the stock mail app. Anyway, good luck to those who are still waiting... hopefully it works for your needs!