Best apps for fitness and exercise?

JuanSmith406

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
If you doing HIIT(high intensity interval training) or tabata and need good app for timing I recommend you "HIIT & Tabata Timer". You can customise almost everything(interval duration, music, sounds, etc.) And you can store timer configurations for every exercise you do.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use a lot of road cycling apps along with my wireless computer I have on the bike so that works well for me. Strava is my favorite cycling app.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm on day three with my fitness pal. I like it because it does a lot of what weight watchers did only for free. My question for you all is, should I track the calories burned as reported by my pedometer also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimonSmiley

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Have you looked at [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/gym-simple/id844467427?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2&at=10l3Vy]Gym Simple[/URL]? Although it doesn't show you how to do the exercises it has made it really easy to add an train exercises. When you enter an exercise the app remembers the types you input and also remembers the weights you used when you want to record an exercise. I also really like the simple and easy to read graphs which come with it too. I was surprised that it was completely free as it offers a lot of content but doesn't include ads or paid extras for any of the usable content.

I found it really useful for someone who is experienced at the gym but wants somewhere to record all their results quickly and easily.

Johnb44

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I really like using the Gym Tuck Fitness App! It has a very cool design and beautiful videos! I came across it on a CNN article where a woman lost 100 +lbs using it.I have lost 10 and I have been using it for 3 weeks and use it a lot when I am on the road for business.

Sam_Lee

Banned
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Using your phone to monitor or track your fitness and diet goals is the ideal way to do it. It's a given that you have your smart phones are always with you, and it can remember you always. You can try Cyclemeter, this iOS-only app collects a wealth of data, is very accurate, contains several well-thought-out features, and appeals to fitness enthusiasts who participate in more than one sport.

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
After downloading and exploring several workout apps I finally found one that I like called Fitness Point Pro. The app has the usual features of a workout log but with a clean, simple design. It has iPhone 6 & 6 Plus support and also Health app integration. One thing I really like that not many workout apps include is a adjustable timer that automatically counts down rest periods between sets. It is focused more toward people like myself who prefer to make their own workout routines, although you can download workouts designed by professionals. There is a free version with ads and fewer features if you want to try before you buy.

Saukrateaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So many out there. Couchto5k, Strava, and endomondo are all great apps. MyFitnessPal is great for calorie tracking. Nike has a few good apps as well, though they seem to be off-shoots of apps that have been around a bit longer.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Fitstar for a couple of months, and it's pretty good. You basically just do what the instructor tells you to do and then rate each exercise afterward. It adjusts according to your rates, and also varies from one day to the next. It works great with AirPlay to Apple TV. It also ties in to Myfitnesspal.

Last edited:

jimsanders

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
This is a great post. So clear and easy to follow. Thanks for the tangible and attainable help. All your hard work is much appreciated.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have experience with using fitness pal with an apple watch? I'm getting fed up with Fitbit after yet another outage between them and MFP. The outage is actually on MFP side but it happens all the time. Thought about dumping MFP for another app but none of them sound as good (Lifesum, loseit, etc.) so I'm not sure what to do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73