Best apps for fitness and exercise?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Alright guys, for Fitness February we're gearing up to share the best apps for many categories but for now, what are your favorite fitness and exercise apps for iPhone?

We're looking at ones that show how to properly perform exercises or give exercise routines and regiments (aka workout plans and routines).

We've found a few we like but we want to know what ones you guys are using!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have used Nike Training Club couple times. But mainly looking for emergency personnel training app. More focused on certain muscles, used in my line of work. Not just getting toned, but building that strength needed to preform job effectively and safely...

Any suggestions?

barrist

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
FitnessFast
Simple, and easy to use in the gym, clean UI... no lame social media integration (like Fitocracy) aside from posting your results on FB/Twitter if you want.

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a fitness app that tracks your steps without gps? Where I'll be using this get horrible signal and can't trust gps.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a fitness app that tracks your steps without gps? Where I'll be using this get horrible signal and can't trust gps.

I don't know of any apps, but the FitBit trackers are amazing. They have an app that synch the tracker right to your iPhone.

Daspoo

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Although there was bad blood between them and Apple, I still use the iFitness app from long ago. I believe there's a new version out in the App Store these days - looks the same as the original one I have, with a few style differences. Regardless of the drama with bogus reviews, etc., the app is still pretty good for workout tracking.

Found the new version - https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/ifitness-pro/id536049508?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Food tracking - MyFitnessPal
Heart rate and calorie tracking - DigiFit + Wahoo Fitness heart rate monitor
Exercise tracking - JeFit Pro
Step tracking - FitBit app and FitBit One tracker

I have been hard core since last January and to date I have lost 60lbs and 23% body fat. Those are the apps that I used for my transformation.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Food tracking - MyFitnessPal
Heart rate and calorie tracking - DigiFit + Wahoo Fitness heart rate monitor
Exercise tracking - JeFit Pro
Step tracking - FitBit app and FitBit One tracker

I have been hard core since last January and to date I have lost 60lbs and 23% body fat. Those are the apps that I used for my transformation.

Congrats Bamf-hacker on the weight loss!

As far as the fitness apps I use

Fitness fast

Workouts

Fitness buddy

Tapatalking

TheBiggmann

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
If Runtastic Pro gets me heart rate graphs you will be my hero. I used to use MapMyFitness+ but they took away half the plus features and made you pay a monthly subscription. Horrible.

As far as apps I use, NPT Boom is good if you like doing circuits where you want to change exercises every X seconds. It beeps over your music to let you know the time has passed.

For a pretty good exercise selection app, Fitness Free isn't bad for a free app.

For nutrition I like Lose It! but I haven't used many. Lets you scan barcodes which is kind of a nice feature. Another cool app is Fooducate. Lets you scan items and offers up a score for how healthy they are, as well as alternatives.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If Runtastic Pro gets me heart rate graphs you will be my hero. I used to use MapMyFitness+ but they took away half the plus features and made you pay a monthly subscription. Horrible.

As far as apps I use, NPT Boom is good if you like doing circuits where you want to change exercises every X seconds. It beeps over your music to let you know the time has passed.

For a pretty good exercise selection app, Fitness Free isn't bad for a free app.

For nutrition I like Lose It! but I haven't used many. Lets you scan barcodes which is kind of a nice feature. Another cool app is Fooducate. Lets you scan items and offers up a score for how healthy they are, as well as alternatives.

DigiFit does graphs and times in zones.

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I agree with MyFitnessPal as far as food tracking. Have tracked calories for six months now and lost 100 lbs so far using it. Great app. Easy to use. Love that you can scan your food in. Highly recommend it!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Another MyFitnessPal user here, rwilliams0926 add me if you want. Last year I started tracking my calories and that combined with working out I dropped 40 lbs in 6 months to get to my goal weight. The devs are great the app is incredible and they have great features coming.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice