Numbers App: Can Two Users Sync Spreadsheets Without iCloud?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's the situation: we use Numbers on our work iPad, but one employee often works from home, and we're hoping she can access the same files on her iPad at home. Is it possible to sync our spreadsheets without using icloud? (Since we obviously have different accounts and don't want to sync all of the other information.) Basically I'd like her to just open the app, choose a spreadsheet, and start working?whether at home or in the office. No emailing updated files, etc.

Would WebDAV be of help? I'm not very familiar with how it works, so any advice is appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's the situation: we use Numbers on our work iPad, but one employee often works from home, and we're hoping she can access the same files on her iPad at home. Is it possible to sync our spreadsheets without using icloud? (Since we obviously have different accounts and don't want to sync all of the other information.) Basically I'd like her to just open the app, choose a spreadsheet, and start working?whether at home or in the office. No emailing updated files, etc.

Would WebDAV be of help? I'm not very familiar with how it works, so any advice is appreciated!

Wouldn't it be easier to setup a Google Docs, Dropbox or Evernote account between the two of you specifically to share your work stuff? Do you have access to your work files from home? For instance, if either of you can access your work files from home, then you can create a folder on the server at work specifically to be shared between the two of you whether from home or while at work.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Right now there is no access from out of office, and no server we can access. The iPad is the sole computing device.

We could certainly do dropbox, but to cut down on user error I was hoping there might be a way to eliminate the need to manually upload and download files (some of our workers are not tech-savvy and I'd like to make it as easy as I can for them).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As D suggested, that's the perfect opportunity to use Google docs. As long as everyone has internet access, you can use your G doc. Multiple users can access the same spreadsheet, and as long as all have rights, all can edit it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Would that be tied to the Numbers app, or would it be a totally separate thing?

Unless I'm mistaken, you have to export the numbers files as an excel spreadsheet before uploading it to Google Docs for the purpose you're asking. Anyway, you can get an idea of Google Docs HERE.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2