01-22-2013 12:23 PM
    Thanks for the article. Pretty solid and in-depth review. I only wish more forums supported it, so I could use it more universally and not hit or miss... but I understand that has to do with the board owners/admins and not the app. I bought the app long ago, but there was one thing that always kind of irked me about it. It's the fact that you pay so much (whatever the price was, I don't even recall, but it was at least a few dollars)... and you've got the paid app... then they want to CHARGE you even more for something as mundane and ridiculous as extra color schemes. SERIOUSLY?! That doesn't even take any effort to code something as rudimentary as changing colors in an app.

For 10 color schemes, they want you to pay $5. Ridiculous price for such an asinine thing that should be free to people who have already paid enough for the app to begin with. Then if you want to have a PIN code, there's another $1... and if you want "Photo sharing" that's another $2. So after I've already paid for the program, they want me (ideally) to pay another $8? That just put a sour taste in my mouth about that app, and to be honest I haven't used it in a couple years. I just started messing with it again a few days ago... but find that only a small fraction of the boards that I use regularly are Tapatalk enabled.

As of right now, I don't see Version 2 in the app store... the review did say they pulled it because of bugs, but if I read it correctly it was back on there? Hmm... I'll give version 2 a try and see if things have improved enough to use it reguarly-- unless they want me to pay again for version 2... then I'm out of that boat for good. I understand recouping costs and sure, that's fair and expected. That's why I paid for the app instead of pirating it or (I don't even know if there's a free version)-- but point is, I feel I contributed to their pockets... they can at least not be so greedy as to want to charge me another $5 just for a few extra color schemes. Come on.

Other than that, it's not a bad app... obviously, or I wouldn't have paid for it... but... that's my thought on the app. Thanks again for the news and the article, though.
    01-22-2013 12:48 PM
    Thanks for the article. Pretty solid and in-depth review. I only wish more forums supported it, so I could use it more universally and not hit or miss... but I understand that has to do with the board owners/admins and not the app. I bought the app long ago, but there was one thing that always kind of irked me about it. It's the fact that you pay so much (whatever the price was, I don't even recall, but it was at least a few dollars)... and you've got the paid app... then they want to CHARGE you even more for something as mundane and ridiculous as extra color schemes. SERIOUSLY?! That doesn't even take any effort to code something as rudimentary as changing colors in an app.

For 10 color schemes, they want you to pay $5. Ridiculous price for such an asinine thing that should be free to people who have already paid enough for the app to begin with. Then if you want to have a PIN code, there's another $1... and if you want "Photo sharing" that's another $2. So after I've already paid for the program, they want me (ideally) to pay another $8? That just put a sour taste in my mouth about that app, and to be honest I haven't used it in a couple years. I just started messing with it again a few days ago... but find that only a small fraction of the boards that I use regularly are Tapatalk enabled.

As of right now, I don't see Version 2 in the app store... the review did say they pulled it because of bugs, but if I read it correctly it was back on there? Hmm... I'll give version 2 a try and see if things have improved enough to use it reguarly-- unless they want me to pay again for version 2... then I'm out of that boat for good. I understand recouping costs and sure, that's fair and expected. That's why I paid for the app instead of pirating it or (I don't even know if there's a free version)-- but point is, I feel I contributed to their pockets... they can at least not be so greedy as to want to charge me another $5 just for a few extra color schemes. Come on.

Other than that, it's not a bad app... obviously, or I wouldn't have paid for it... but... that's my thought on the app. Thanks again for the news and the article, though.
    Yes they pulled then initial release that came out on the 4th and was only available for a couple days. Yes you will have to pay for it, it was $0.99 at initial release and this past Sunday only and now it's regular price. No extra fees involved currently though, there is no option for changing the color scheme right now.
    01-22-2013 12:53 PM