Viber

moxxy

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I had Viber on my phone for 6 months, no problems- then it just kept displaying a blank screen. Have uninstalled and tried to reinstall 3 times but all I get is the icon and "waiting" and it just will not load from iTunes- any ideas. Thanks

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi there!
This is a member of the Viber Team. I'm here to help. :)

Please provide us with the following details:
- your device model
- Viber version
- device is JB yes/no

Thanks,
Viber Team

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

What device are you using? What error message exactly do you see when trying to call through Viber?

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I think Viber should have the ability to show which contact is online (either 3G or Wifi) and reachable via Viber itself..

When you use Viber, you can tell indirectly if your contact is online as follows:

When you make a Viber call, you will first see "Calling". It will change to "Ringing" if your contact is online and their phone is literally ringing.
When you send a message, "Delivered" means the message has been received on the other side's phone (they're online). If you only see "Sent", it means it's been sent from you, but pending the other side to come online (they're offline at the moment). So, if messages remain at "Sent" and do not become "Delivered", you might want to check with your destination contact whether or not they are connected to the internet.

In the future we might add an "Online" status message, but we still don't know when this will happen.

nebulousman

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue - iphone 5/ios6.1 JB - for me it was a conflict with 3G Unrestrictor - I removed Viber from settings for 3G Unrestrictor and that solved the problem

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
so do you have to use your phone # to use Viber?

if so, i do not see the point vs typical SMS

Viber uses your real number as your Viber ID. Viber allows you to send messages (including photos, locations, etc.) and call for free, and it can be anywhere in the world, as long as you are connected to the internet.

Lisa Mclean Smith

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i have just got viber and everytime i call or text it says 'problem connecting to viber network, check connectivity' however i am connected to the internet already! I am using iphone 5 and had latest issue of viber! Please help!!!

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i have just got viber and everytime i call or text it says 'problem connecting to viber network, check connectivity' however i am connected to the internet already! I am using iphone 5 and had latest issue of viber! Please help!!!

Hi,

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

Lester Barretto

May 29, 2013
Visit site
why cant i call in viber using my ipod touch 2g ios 4.1 viber version 2.2.0

when i try to call someone the calling icon will appear but it will shut down immediately.
help please..

CUCDR

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Question: if I add a contact and viber syncs with my contacts, if the other party does not have my number in their viber will the app let them know that I have them on my contact list?

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
@samo12345 -

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). You may also try to register to Viber through a few different WiFi networks.

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you are subscribed to.

@CUCDR -

Viber notifies you of a new contact who installed Viber only if that contact is saved on your (phone's) addressbook.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73