Tapatalk 2 App

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The icon might look the same and part of the layout, however, there are added features within Tapatalk 2 that are not available within the free version.

I'm just one if thousands mad! Paid $2.99 for tapatalk 1 and did not do tapatalk 2. Now tapatalk free and tapatalk pro. I emailed them 10 times, should be a free upgrade to pro if you paid for either version.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm just one if thousands mad! Paid $2.99 for tapatalk 1 and did not do tapatalk 2. Now tapatalk free and tapatalk pro. I emailed them 10 times, should be a free upgrade to pro if you paid for either version.

Like you, I also paid for Tapatalk 1 and agree with you that Tapatalk 2 should be a free upgrade for those of us who did pay for version one.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tapatalk Pro just got an update. Ver. 2.2.1 fixes major crashes. Anyone having crash issues should grab this latest update.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/24/uge7a3aj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

I wasn't having any crash-related issues with the current version, but I'll update anyway, after I do a backup to iTunes momentarily. Thanks for the tip...;)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't having any crash-related issues with the current version, but I'll update anyway, after I do a backup to iTunes momentarily. Thanks for the tip...;)

Unfortunately I was having crash issues on and off while swiping from page to page. So far so good, though. I'm hoping this is fixed now. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
T1 has had a couple of more updates. Now it lets you change between the new and the classic layout and also added a new "dark" theme.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've spent a good amount of time testing this latest update and so far there have been no more crashes with my iPhone 5 or iPad Mini.

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I've spent a good amount of time testing this latest update and so far there have been no more crashes with my iPhone 5 or iPad Mini.

I had no problems till today. Few crashes, totally random. Also push notifications doesn't work. Maybe i'm wrong but when i mark any forum as favorite should i get badges every time when someone posted something new? The same goes to private messages. No badges, no nothing.

Sent from my iPhone 4s, iOS 6.1.3

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
...Also push notifications doesn't work. Maybe i'm wrong but when i mark any forum as favorite should i get badges every time when someone posted something new? The same goes to private messages. No badges, no nothing.

You should be getting notifications if the forum settings are set that way. Private message notifications should come regardless though. I have never had a badge pop up for this app though, only banners.

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
You should be getting notifications if the forum settings are set that way. Private message notifications should come regardless though. I have never had a badge pop up for this app though, only banners.

Now when you quoted my post I received a banner notification so maybe i did something wrong with my settings earlier. We'll see. Anyway it would be nice to see a badge once you receive a PM.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now when you quoted my post I received a banner notification so maybe i did something wrong with my settings earlier. We'll see. Anyway it would be nice to see a badge once you receive a PM.

Go to Setting -> Notifications -> Tapatalk and then under the "Alert Style" option, alter it to your liking.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's seeming to be a faster and smoother experience for me after the update.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

I can't really tell. I mean, It was fast and problem-free for me prior to the update, and now that I've updated the Tapatalk Pro app to its latest version, it is still fast * probelm-free...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know this:) but that doesn't mean I will receive badges. Only banners and sounds.

If you're referring to badges on the Tapatalk homescreen icon then you're right. It does not display a badge there, but if you're referring to the badges within the app's menu then you should. For example, you should see a tiny badge for unread messages, messages, etc. like the one depicted in the attached screenshot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377442976.219591.jpg

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
If you're referring to badges on the Tapatalk homescreen icon then you're right. It does not display a badge there, but if you're referring to the badges within the app's menu then you should. For example, you should see a tiny badge for unread messages, messages, etc. like the one depicted in the attached screenshot.
View attachment 37021

Yes i am reffering to this tiny badges within the app. I can only see them for "unread". They're not showing on messages or on a notifications. I need to refresh them manually.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes i am reffering to this tiny badges within the app. I can only see them for "unread". They're not showing on messages or on a notifications. I need to refresh them manually.

Okay. Do me a favor and send me a test PM, please so I can see if mine still displays one for messages or not.

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Do me a favor and send me a test PM, please so I can see if mine still displays one for messages or not.

Done but i'm sure you're not getting them because i'm quoting your posts and you also shoud get this tiny badges under "notifications" within the app. If you can't see them the same goes to messages i think.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Done

Below are the 3 screenshots I took of the notifications I received after receiving your PM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377443633.972750.jpg

When I opened the app, I received the following alert so I'm not sure that a badge would have been displayed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377443699.223143.jpg

The final screenshot does not show a badge for messages. I wonder if the second alert cancels out that particular badge. Anyway, I'll do a little research on it and get back to you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377443916.240162.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative