Tapatalk 2 App

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I really do like the new update (and stalked their twitter so I wouldn't miss the sale). Using the regular one on the iPad now seems so strange.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded taps talk 2. And not am I impressed by the transition and the layout of this app. I came from tapatalk 1. Which was fine but this one is just so good.
So many features and I'm used to it already.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

getdamned

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I keep reading conflicting perspectives about it from varying sources. Some say it's nothing more than a cosmetic rework... some say it's greatly superior to v1.

Those familiar with both, what's your take on that and what makes v2 superior, short of the interface/superficial redesign?

Also, I presume that it supports the same set of boards as v1, no extra "v2 only" ones, right?

getdamned

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Too bad there's no such thing as a free or light version to test it out and make the end decision to upgrade or not a bit more clear and confident!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I keep reading conflicting perspectives about it from varying sources. Some say it's nothing more than a cosmetic rework... some say it's greatly superior to v1.

Those familiar with both, what's your take on that and what makes v2 superior, short of the interface/superficial redesign?
Almost instant notifications, responsive and easy to navigate.

Also, I presume that it supports the same set of boards as v1, no extra "v2 only" ones, right?
Your assumption is correct.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think the UI upgrade is what makes v2 better than v1. V2 will continue to get better as more updates roll out. The two big ones being landscape support and moderator options. I don't know how long landscape will take, I've been asking for it since the first beta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think the UI upgrade is what makes v2 better than v1. V2 will continue to get better as more updates roll out. The two big ones being landscape support and moderator options. I don't know how long landscape will take, I've been asking for it since the first beta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The UI, at least in my opinion, is indeed better in Tapatalk 2. It didn't take me long to get acquainted with it either. As for landscape mode, it's not an issue for me and I rarely used it in Tapatalk v1. Still, I'm still surprised to find apps that do not support it upon release. Support for landscape mode should be a given for any smartphone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This morning, I'm perusing the forums via my iPad with Tapatalk and although I'm still able to do what I need, this morning's experience has made me appreciate using Tapatalk 2 even more. Hopefully, there will be an iPad version soon.

Last edited: