ArkMC Media Center DLNA/UPnP application

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
ArkMC 1.7.1 version is released!

The main improvement - complete new and much more powerful video player! Much more flawless playback with lower power consumption.

Surya Surya1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Dear Sir,

I have installed in my Sony XPeria Z (Android), and it is fantastic - all can be played without problem. All my pictures, videos and music are put on NAS (Buffalo LinkStation ProDuo), and I accessed it using uPNP or DLNA.

Just recently, I got iPad mini (Iwith the latest iOS), and I have installed this application also, but I experienced some porblems:
- I cannot play DVD file (the picture is shown up, but no sound).
- Some of small MKV file is working fine, but most of them is only sound - picture is like "freezing" since the beginning.
- When I chose a file (I cannot get the pattern), the application is just closed - quit without any message. This happened not only for video, but also music file - mainly with flac format.

These problems are never happened in my android.

Do I have to install other application (codec maybe?) to solve these issue?

FYI, I just installed this application yesterday, so I think that is the latest version, but not light version.

Any suggestion?

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
We are sorry for long responses.
Our support team finally works properly!
Ask, post, be up-to date with news!
We are going to update ArkMC in approximately two weeks!
Also we are launching two new apps!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Welcome!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for introducing your app to the iMore community, and hopefully, many of our members will give it a try and provide feedback, both good and bad. In the meantime, take some time to get familiar with the http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/766-app-developer-forum-rules-guidelines.htmlhttp://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/766-app-developer-forum-rules-guidelines.htmlApp and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines as well as the members of this community whom you just introduced your app to. Take care…:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and thank you for the great presentation and info, There certainly is plenty of it and with that, We wish you the best of luck and hope you become a hit!

switch7derek

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
hi, i just purchased ArkMC for iPad iOS7.0.4. i'm not getting any sound when trying to play movies from my mediaserver ( MediaTomb ) on the iPad. i've tried a few different formats, avi and mkv - same results. with all the positive reviews i am sure i am missing something simple - can someone clue me in? many thanks in advance.
-derek

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
hi, i just purchased ArkMC for iPad iOS7.0.4. i'm not getting any sound when trying to play movies from my mediaserver ( MediaTomb ) on the iPad. i've tried a few different formats, avi and mkv - same results. with all the positive reviews i am sure i am missing something simple - can someone clue me in? many thanks in advance.
-derek

Hi!
You can try to select different audio stream if it's available. At the moment we exclude AC3 support due to Dolby Labs request. And now in process of getting official license.We are working on it.This problem will be solved ASAP.
Keep tuned!

switch7derek

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
thanks for quick response. after running through my movie library i realized that some of my movies are playing with sound, but it's a small portion. i think mostly avi. i'm not sure what the audio format is - i'll try and do some investigating to figure that out. i did find the audio stream selector, but that doesn't seem to have an impact. i'm wondering now if i may be able to tweak my mediatomb ( media server ) config to transcode audio to an easily digestable format. but that may be a bit over my head. heheheheh. again, thanks for the response.

Thomas Williams4

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I am trying this app with a WD My Book Live tweaked with a Twonkey Media Server and have no sound. I have no issue when I use Blu-Ray players that support DLNA. Let me know when the sound issue is resolved and I will purchase. Most of my media is from DVD's that are copied into folders with the source VOB files. I believe the ArcMC app is what I need for my iPad but useless without sound.

Thank You,

Tom

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I am trying this app with a WD My Book Live tweaked with a Twonkey Media Server and have no sound. I have no issue when I use Blu-Ray players that support DLNA. Let me know when the sound issue is resolved and I will purchase. Most of my media is from DVD's that are copied into folders with the source VOB files. I believe the ArcMC app is what I need for my iPad but useless without sound.

Thank You,

Tom
Hi!
You can try to select different audio stream if it's available. At the moment we exclude AC3 support due to Dolby Labs request. And now in process of getting official license.We are working on it.This problem will be solved ASAP. I will let all the users know about that.
Keep tuned!

Danomas

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm using your app on my Iphone 5s. I've downloaded several files using the 'download to document' option. However I cannot seem to find a way to access these files offline.

Any help is appreciated.

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
The files have to be in the Documents folder of a Device DMS. Have you checked after downloading, are they there. There is such an issue we are going to fix it in the next versions. When you are downloading a screen has to be not locked, or come a sleeping regime.
Check this!

Hi,

I'm using your app on my Iphone 5s. I've downloaded several files using the 'download to document' option. However I cannot seem to find a way to access these files offline.

Any help is appreciated.

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!
Let's discuss ArkMC main video and audio format issues.
Let us know, which audio or video format crashes most of all with ArkMC?;)

sanghvi5m

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
i down loaded this application I can see my network connection to the media, but unable to play from my iphone video or photos to my smasun tv, I can only change volume of the tv from I phone when trying play video from iphone , I can see my tv connected through and when asked to render media and selected tv ,it does not show video on tv
can you help

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
i down loaded this application I can see my network connection to the media, but unable to play from my iphone video or photos to my smasun tv, I can only change volume of the tv from I phone when trying play video from iphone , I can see my tv connected through and when asked to render media and selected tv ,it does not show video on tv
can you help

Yes.
Tell us please the model of your TV, the way from where you are trying to play files: iTunes (downloaded), iTunes (purchased), Documents? And a format of the video. In this way we will try to help you.

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey!
Have a question to you, to get to know more concerning the enhancement of our apps:
Which format do you usually use to play your favorite music or for watching films?
Looking for your answers! ;)

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Happy International Smile Day to all!:biggrin:
This day would like to ask, how do you usually share your multimedia files at home: Chromecast or any other dongles. Heard that Microsoft and Firefox creators also released some kind of that, can you suggest judging your experience, which one is better?
(for us to know the popularity in further integration of the services in future versions of an app release).

AntiAgingNerium

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
This just doesn't work. The ArkMC app on an iPhone 5S does nothing but play the videos and such already on the phone. Doesn't do anything that I can see. Seems a total waste of time. Don't seem to be any way connect to another DLNA device (in my case a samsung blu ray player connected to a TV) to play videos from the iPhone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods