I have iPhone 5 with latest iOS. I have both group and personal chat in my LINE. I want that when my group chat is updated, I am notified by display but not by sound, but when I am getting messages from Personal Chat, I want to be notified by display and sound.

What I want to achieve is getting display updated for both group and PM, but sound ON on PM, OFF on group. Is it possible?

I have tried the following

With Settings -> Notification -> Line -> Sounds is ON
    1. Turn OFF the notification on the group chat, but I do not get display / banner notification when locked
    2. Turn ON the notification on the group chat, I get sound and display (but I want only display update while sound is OFF for group)

I thought when the notification on the group chat is ON or OFF, it would disabled the sound as the icon is a speaker icon, but I do not get display notification when icon is OFF

3. Of course, with sounds ON, I can get my PM with both display and sound

With Settings -> Notification -> Line -> Sounds is OFF (Doing this would just turn off all the sound notification, therefore I do not get sound notification on my PM AND group, which is not what I want as I want sound ON with PM, but OFF with group)

Any solution?
    01-15-2013 03:34 AM
    anyone?
    01-16-2013 01:46 PM
    Maybe not a really popular app? I'd never heard of it until your question.
    01-16-2013 03:39 PM
    I have the same question.

If you figure it out please let me/us know!!!
    All the group chat notifications drive me crazy but I don't want to miss PMs.
    06-28-2013 11:38 AM
    I have used it for about five months and have the same problem described here. I went into my settings and made sure notifications are on but I get nothing. I have the app on my iPhone 5, desktop, and gen 4 iPad. I couldn't find tech support on their site, outside of fans
    01-24-2015 07:35 PM
    Hey man! I may have the solution.

I was experiencing a similar problem. I was only receiving the red number on the app but no displays nor sound. I've realized that on the top of my Line Chat Page, where you can see the messages of the person you're chatting with, there were a crossed sound symbol. I went to the "V" symbol on the top right, then i've touch "notifications", which then appeared with the same crossed sound symbol and made the other one disappeared. It's not logic for me but i guess it was my problem... To sum up, the notifications symbol should be in the crossed position to work...

Hope it'll help someone!

La Breche.
    03-08-2015 04:40 AM
    Thank you so very much.
    wow, you have just save my life, it works.
    I've been hammer by my friend that I don't answer her call, chat; how can I ? If I didn't hear it.
    But now I've no excuse.
    04-19-2015 10:25 PM