Setting up a contact group

trailracer618

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I want to set up a contact group on my iPhone. Being a former BlackBerry user, I find it absurd that you can't to this with the native contact app. I do not want to, nor am I able to, set up the group using the iTunes/Outlook sync method since the computer that my iTunes is on does not have Outlook. I just want to be able to set up a group on my phone that I can send a text to.

I downloaded GroupMe, but when I go to add contacts into the group, it shows their facebook email and not their phone number. I cannot figure out how to make this change to just the phone number. Plus it wants to send them a message that I've added them to a group, which is something I do not want to do. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

I looked at some other apps, but they require you to disable MMS, which is also something I don't want to do. I want to be able to MMS (photos) to the recipients if need be.

I could just never delete the text that I send to the group after the first time I send it out, but this seems like a crappy workaround. And I'm worried that I might lose somebody from the group if somebody happens to not reply all in a response.

So, does anybody have a solution? I'd prefer it to be a free app/method, especially since this is something that should be native, but I will pay for a QUALITY app if need be.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If your contacts are stored in iCloud, you can go to iCloud.com from any computer and set up groups there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711