What's the best news app?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been struggling for sometime to discover one good "go to" news app. I've tried a bunch but just can't seem to find one particular app that suits my needs. Currently testing out Rockmelt and news360. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been struggling for sometime to discover one good "go to" news app. I've tried a bunch but just can't seem to find one particular app that suits my needs. Currently testing out Rockmelt and news360. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

The AP News app is okay if you can stomach the ads, but I prefer to get my news from a variety of sources and read that information via an RSS reader along with Instapaper.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Just looking for an attractive, non flashy, customizable news reader. So far News360 is suiting my needs. Just wondered if there was something out there I hadn't discovered yet.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I use Google Reader for most of my stuff.
I also use Flipboard from which you can also access Google Reader.
Good Luck

djshackman

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Flipboard is a standard go-to, but I've been a fan of Prismatic lately. It's somewhat like Flipboard in that it uses social networks, keyword topics, and "publishers" (i.e., RSS feeds) as sources. Quite a nice alternative to an RSS client. It also shows everything in one feed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just looking for an attractive, non flashy, customizable news reader. So far News360 is suiting my needs. Just wondered if there was something out there I hadn't discovered yet.

Have a look at Feedly then.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods