Process killer to iphone. Where to get?

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Process killer was available in appstore then they removed it. Is it possible to find it somewhere and install it without an jailbreaked iphone ?

The ones who installed it from appstore when it was available , does it work on there iphone still?

Sent from my iP?n5, using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Unlike other operating systems, processes don't continually run on the iPhone. You can open your fast app switcher to see a list of recently used apps and shut them completely from there if you feel one is still running. But keep in mind, most of them suspend when closed, rather than continuing to run in the background.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No point since most don't need to be killed since they're just sitting there not doing anything.

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
No point since most don't need to be killed since they're just sitting there not doing anything.

They are annoying and thats enough for me. I am a jailbreaker since the first apple iphone. And hate to not control things ;)

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Never :) the iphone is boring without jb.
And apple is loosing if they not let their ios free like android. 💀

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Haha true, ok i am a apple guy and i will have apples products as long as they cold be jb. Otherwise in my opinion you loose a bunch of great stuffs that apple just wont have in there original system and that sucks. To someone who never has jb their products don't understand this discussion.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Haha true, ok i am a apple guy and i will have apples products as long as they cold be jb. Otherwise in my opinion you loose a bunch of great stuffs that apple just wont have in there original system and that sucks. To someone who never has jb their products don't understand this discussion.

I used to be jailbroken. I got over it. ;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I used to jailbreak, also. Even jailbroken, there are no running processes. It's like trying to control the airflow in your back yard.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I get where you're coming from. Even though it doesn't matter from a performance perspective, I too always had a Kill All Background Apps button when I was jailbroken. If it gave me peace of mind by letting me have a more orderly app switcher, then it was worth it to me. (Sort of like cleaning up the desktop—you can keep stuff there but it gets annoying.)

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I get where you're coming from. Even though it doesn't matter from a performance perspective, I too always had a Kill All Background Apps button when I was jailbroken. If it gave me peace of mind by letting me have a more orderly app switcher, then it was worth it to me. (Sort of like cleaning up the desktop?you can keep stuff there but it gets annoying.)

Exactly the way i meant. Nice man i did not know how to describe my feelings :)))

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Some apps do keep running for about 10 mins after you've switched to another and it can effect performance. I've seen the charts "proving" otherwise but in real life I have seen a reduction of performance if some apps are left "idle" in the switcher. Usually they would be apps that use Push or Streaming. Yes I could individually shut them down but a Kill All app makes it more efficient. This is just a personal preference for some people including myself.

jmsomps

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I really like how someone comes, very politely might I add, to ask for peoples help, and the best reply? ".... Get over it". You guys ACT like you know whats what, but by your answers, you obviously don't. I'm not referring to everyone here, but to those who thing that the "Process Killer" doesn't really do anything and that after 10 minutes.,.. blah blah blah.
Do some real life testing please. Don't rely on articles and what other people say. TEST. I have the original "Process Killer" on my iPhone and iPads. As long as it is on my computer, I think I will continue to have it. I have bought new devices and sync with the same macbook pro and it always shows up on my new ipads. Now, to the correct stuff. The app shows you the PID, Process Name, Running Time, and Priority. I have the normal - in the background - type of stuff showing up as well as 7 apps. 6 showing opened for well over an hour and 1 of them for 9 minutes at time of testing. Wired Memory shows 518.8 MB, Active shows 270.6 MB, Inactive shows 131.4 MB and Free shows 68.4 MB. I go out and close the one that was open for 9 minutes which is around 12 something now. Launch Process Killer. It's not in there, but Wired memory goes down to 505.6, Active goes UP to 271.0, Inactive goes down to 130.1 and free goes up to 80.9. Memory is still almost full. I close every thing by double tapping the home button and making the icons shake and hit the minus to close out of everything. Open Process Killer. By the way, iPad is running a bit sluggish. 7 apple processes are running and here are the stats now respective to the above: 308.1 MB, 208.6 MB, 76.2 MB and 395.2 MB. Now, memory, doesn't matter what device it is in, doesn't kill all of its switches when it should. To make it easier to understand for the gurus, the 1s don't all go back to 0s when they should, thus here is where Process Killer comes in. Without shutting down the iPad, I "pull down" the interface to get PK to do its thing. Here are the respective results: (by the way, PK was killed in action while it was doing its job) Bring it back up and here you go: Wired 222.8 MB, Active 74.5 MB, Inactive 33.5 MB, and Free is now 655.5 MB.
Now if you keep track of the stats, Process Killer did its job. Based on experience, there have been apps that don't close out correctly or the programming wasn't the best and the app runs like crud. You can close it out and the iPad will run like crud still. Run PK and the iPad runs just fine.

Here is real world answers. Now, the question is Where can I get it now. I don't know, but I do know that the answer "... just get over it" isn't a good anser.Also, the answer that this app doesn't do anything really, is false.Again, before answering... do some real world testing. There are other apps that don't do this well, and that is why lots of people ask for PK. PK, for whatever reason, isn't offered anymore, but for all those people that say it is useless.... well, it makes me question any more of their advice... I'm not trying to be harsh. I don't hide behind a forum name. I say the same exact thing to people in person. Please, when people make a request, don't just go by hear say. Do some real life testing. Take care everyone. :cool:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
@Jmsomps, I agree that the OP should have the opportunity to download and install available process killing apps on his or her device and I agree that he or she should not be slammed for wanting one. Having said that, I also agree with members having the privilege of advising the OP on how apps work on their Apple devices. Your personal experience may not reflect that of the OP or other members. Neither we or you know what apps the other have installed. Are process killing apps "needed" in regard to the iPhone? In my experience, no, they are not. Should they be available for those who want them? Absolutely!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Fraser Speirs - Blog - Misconceptions About iOS?Multitasking

"The iOS multitasking bar does not contain "a list of all running apps". It contains "a list of recently used apps". The user never has to manage background tasks on iOS.
Except in a few cases, which I'll explain, the apps that appear in the multitasking bar are not currently running. When you press the home button, iOS will tell the app to quit. In almost all cases, it quits, it stops using CPU time (and hence battery) and the memory it was using is eventually recovered if required.
Let's get technical: iOS apps have five states of execution. These are:

• Not running - the app has been terminated or has not been launched.
  • Inactive - the app is in the foreground but not receiving events (for example, the user has locked the device with the app active)
  • Active - the normal state of "in use" for an app
  • Background - the app is no longer on-screen but is still executing code
  • Suspended - the app is still resident in memory but is not executing code
Active and Inactive are not interesting for this discussion. Most of the confusion is around what happens as an app goes from Active to Background to Suspended to Not Running.
When you press the home button, the app moves from Active to Background. Most apps usually then go from Background to Suspended in a matter of seconds.
The first technical caveat is that Suspended apps remain in the device's memory. This is so they can resume more quickly when you go back to them. They're not using processor time and they're not sucking battery power.
You may think that, if an app is resident in memory, you have to somehow remove it to conserve memory. You don't because iOS does it for you. If there are Suspended apps lying around and you launch a memory-intensive app such as a big game, iOS will start to purge Suspended apps and move them to the Not Running state. That is, they will be completely removed from memory and will launch afresh the next time you tap their icon.
Where some people get confused is this: all of the above has no impact on what you see in the multitasking bar. The multitasking bar always shows a list of recently used apps, regardless of whether they're in the Background, Suspended or Not Running states. You may also have noticed that the app that is currently Active does not appear in the multitasking bar.........."

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW