Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I too revisited Pocket Informant Go, but from what I see you don't get the month view?? Only week? Not sure that makes it a resonable purchase for me...

Hi seashell, I was just looking at this app too. In the description it does say that the most recent update added in month and today views :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While reading my RSS feeds, I came across this app that is now FREE. No, I haven't downloaded or used it, but am only posting about it because of the recent questions regarding task/agenda apps. The app is called InFocus Pro and you can get it from the App Store HERE. Also, check out the Grid Calendar, also FREE HERE.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
While reading my RSS feeds, I came across this app that is now FREE. No, I haven't downloaded or used it, but am only posting about it because of the recent questions regarding task/agenda apps. The app is called InFocus Pro and you can get it from the App Store HERE. Also, check out the Grid Calendar, also FREE HERE.

Thanks D...I downloaded both to play around with!!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
You're very welcome. Let us know how you like them, if you don't mind...:)

Don't mind at all😃

Grid: no real excitement here, regular calendar but can change the color...some hard to read, but if you're looking for a quick change-up to iCal then try it!

InFocus Pro: well after the 3x's it took to get to load😠...the calendar is really nothing special, it's stock calendar with same views. You can access tasks from that same screen, however it seems like quite a few steps to create one. It has a similar feature feel like Clear (goodness I love that app!) but it just doesn't flow as fast or smooth...

Overall, nice freebie difference to play around with but neither are keepers for me.

Fantastical is my go to calendar app, occasionally Week Cal, miCal layout has not grown on me but dashboard layout of calendar/tasks (which is extra$) and weather is great idea.

May jump in and pick up PI Go...not sure if I'll love it but I think I need to try it (ok fine, productivity addict talking 'I want to try it!') lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't mind at all😃

Grid: no real excitement here, regular calendar but can change the color...some hard to read, but if you're looking for a quick change-up to iCal then try it!

InFocus Pro: well after the 3x's it took to get to load😠...the calendar is really nothing special, it's stock calendar with same views. You can access tasks from that same screen, however it seems like quite a few steps to create one. It has a similar feature feel like Clear (goodness I love that app!) but it just doesn't flow as fast or smooth...

Overall, nice freebie difference to play around with but neither are keepers for me.

Fantastical is my go to calendar app, occasionally Week Cal, miCal layout has not grown on me but dashboard layout of calendar/tasks (which is extra$) and weather is great idea.

May jump in and pick up PI Go...not sure if I'll love it but I think I need to try it (ok fine, productivity addict talking 'I want to try it!') lol

Excellent review. Thank you very much...:)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I did it...purchased PI GO! Yes Alli so far I like it!😉

Lots of nice views (Go version has Today/Week/Month) and tasks show right with appts. Easy to schedule appts, badge for today's date or tasks due, colored backgrounds, colored text based on what you change calendar too (blue for me for work or red for all else)

Still playing...lots of options and need to get used to it but so far I'm glad I got it!😃

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Ya know the funny thing with Informant...back on Palm I did support for Agendus. Informant was our competitor and I really disliked it...for obvious reasons. Agendus on iOS is garbage - they were bought out by Splash, and Splash did them no favors. So even after going to WinMo, I still wasn't crazy about Informant, but it's pretty damn nice on iOS!

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
OK - so I broke down and spent $5 on PI GO. So far, OK. No sure it is *everything* I was hoping for, but it is a start. I might actually upgrade to the Pro if I can get through a few issues I am having. At the risk of being seen as a thread hijacker, I'll ask here (since PI GO is, at least, part of the topic) but if I need to go fresh with a whole new post, just say so.

I work for a Fire Dept., and work shifts; A Shift, B, Shift, and C Shift, each colored differently on our shift calendars. That's to know at a glance whose shift is one. A = Red, B = Blue, and C = Green. I have these shifts set as re-occurring all day appointments in the native calendar. With PI GO, I created separate calendars for each shift, appropriately colored. But when I changed the calendar for each A Shift (for example) from the default iCloud calendar to the A Shift calendar, the all day appointment disappeared on the iOS calendar altogether, as well as iCloud and Outlook, which are all sync'd together. Oops. Took about 30 minutes of undoing what I did, to get all right in the iOS calendar again, but now all my shifts in PI GO are mono color - the system default. So...

I said to myself, not a big deal self. How about we just tag the event with the proper color. So I create tags with the right color for each event, A, B, and C Shift. Except now I can not figure out how to tag an event. Or a task (reminder) for that matter. Creating the tags I have done, find a way to use those tags I have not. Anyone? Please?

Other than all this, I think it has lots of potential, and actually makes me wonder what I may be missing that is in the Big Boy "Pro" version.

Thanks...

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Here's a few screenshots for tags...I use them so that at a glance, I can see on calendar and tasks list what is work etc When setting up new event or task, scroll down to 'tag' and then it will show in calendar as that color...

Was that your question or did I totally miss it?!😳
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1359570037.877828.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1359570048.428587.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1359570057.342545.jpg

I'm liking it so far too...and Pro has some more task abilities (not quite sure what?!) and Contacts plus another view for calendar...

Hope I helped a little! 😉

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! - I think I am missing something however. I do not have the same "Tag" field you have right above your calendar drop down. I have an option to select which calendar, but no tag. Hmm...

Attachments

• PHOTO1.png
    PHOTO1.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 13
  • PHOTO2.png
    PHOTO2.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 13

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I must have messed this up somehow - I just noticed I don't even have an icon option. I've gone through all of my settings a few times, but it's not there. But I know it has to be.

AND, I am unclear on what you ask - Which Calendars to select from. I have an iCloud calendar and an exchange calendar. My exchange calendar is "unselected" for most of the time.

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Something else I just noticed looking through ADVANCED|DATABASE STATISTICS. I have 0 Calendar items, and 615 iOS Calendar items. What's the difference?

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Never mind... Just found this tidbit in the PI GO pdf manual available on the PI site; "• Any Pocket Informant GO!™ specific fields such as icon and tags are not supported for iOS calendar events."

Of course. Looks like I am just plain out of luck...

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I actually use Outlook at home sync'd through iCloud to my iPhone. I also have a work Exchange account on the iPhone that I keep undelivered most of time but want the calendar available.

It all works well, but I think I may be trying to make one app to many work within "my system".

Thanks ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods