Does anyone use the "Agenda" app for iPhone?

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
LOVE Fantastical...for Agenda view I did really like WeekCal!! And if Parker Planner would get there act together that would be an option!

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Yea - Reminders is an add-on, and I honestly can not tell you how it looks or works. I don't use reminders, but do it all through calendaring. I set 30-minute "appointments" when I need a specific reminder (i.e. calling somebody). If I don't get to make the call, I slide the appointment to my next target date. What this does (for me) is sync that "reminder appointment" across all my devices through iCloud - iPhone, Outlook, my wife's iPhone, etc.

miCal works great for me in this way...

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I broke down and picked up miCal. So far I'm loving it! Like that weather is incorporated, all the different views and I'm trying out the tasks addon because tasks on the calendar are huge...and I really like the layout and ease of converting a task to appt and vice versa.

I still like Fantastical and Week Cal but for right now with my personal needs and work needs, miCal seems to be the keeper atm! ;)

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Glad it worked out for you. I think you'll enjoy it. I particularly like the color coding of appointments, and with miCal you can do this automatically by formatting certain symbols or phrases in the settings function. What this means is that I have * set up to automatically color that appointment in Blue, which are medical appointments. So an entry such as " * Blackfeet [Dr. Doctor]", miCal will color the appointment Blue in the daily or week view.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I like it so far and will probably keep the tasks add on, it really adds the missing feature I wanted with a calendar app!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Update: I've gone back to Fantastical...missed the ease of entering appts and the simple view. Funny how when you think you need something with lots more detail, then you get it only to go back to simplicity! lol. At least I have it for when the mood strikes me again to change!! I've been using 3do for those tasks/reminders in addition to Fantastical and it's been working great.

ThisisSubu

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have Agenda. (Ok, what calendar don't I have.) I don't use it much as it is very simple. I've found lately that I'm using Informant more and more as it even uses Apple's Reminders, which I can use as Tasks.

Alli

You seem very well informed on apps
What's the best FREE calendar app for me to start with before I go for paid ones

TIA
Regards
Subu

PS : Sorry IF this is a second post directed at you

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I think I'd like to try out Fantastical and Informant (always looking for a better calendaring app), although I am pretty happy with miCal, but there is no "trial" offer that I can find. $15 for Informant or $5 for Fantastical (I know - not a lot of cash, but don't want to pay to find out I don't like it) is a little much. At least for me. I have no problem spending $15 if it works for me, but I want to know first.

Anybody know of anyway to "trial" these first?

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks - I tried the Grid, but it really didn't do much more for me than miCal. Loved the UI, but functionally not there.

Again, thanks all the same...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It's a shame that there aren't more "try before you buy" with iOS, but it requires that devs code a completely separate version of the app to give away.

Informant also offers Informant Go for $4.99. You can compare the features here. It also shows you screenshots of every possibility.

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I also just saw that they have an iPhone only version for $10, so there are options. It looks like the most capable, but...

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
So I sent an email to the Fantastical folks, asking about a trial. Their response, "We have a trial offer for the Mac version, but not iPhone. Sorry."

So much for Fantastical. I'll shoot one to Pocket Informant tomorrow. Probably the same response, but it never hurts to ask.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You're wasting your time. I explained why there's no trial. We used to have a trial version of DataVault for iOS, but it was costing more to keep it updated than it was worth. The big apps don't do it.

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
OK - point taken.

Let me ask this instead: With miCal, the biggest issue I have with the colored categories is that I can not change the font color, just the category. So a light colored category has white text by default, which means I can not usually read what the appointment is. Are the font colors changeable in Informant? Or Fantastical? I am pretty much limited to dark colors for my calendar colors, and the do not at all match my category colors in my Outlook. I'd like the two to match, for obvious reasons.

Thanks...

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I too revisited Pocket Informant Go, but from what I see you don't get the month view?? Only week? Not sure that makes it a resonable purchase for me...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2