Google Maps for IOS releasing tonight?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Blink, like Pink stated, it DOES speak the street names.

odd. i had it take me to work this morning and it just said "left or right", NO street names, and would say it almost too often

i will try it again on the way home and if the problem persists then i will show up at both of your homes for a free dinner?!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
odd. i had it take me to work this morning and it just said "left or right", NO street names, and would say it almost too often

i will try it again on the way home and if the problem persists then i will show up at both of your homes for a free dinner?!

(Laughing)...You got it, my friend..:)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I took it for a little spin a bit ago - got spoken street names (aside, the street a block North got called its county, rural designation rather than its city street name...) - all in all, Im unimpressed. (insert McKayla unimpressed meme picture here)... my preference for Navigation: My Garmin Nuvi 765T - then either Navigon or Apple's native app... Google will be a back-up in the event the other 3 crap out...

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
D, tewest & Keith - Thanks for the street name spoken confirmation. I knew I wasn't loosing my mind:p LOL.

BLiNK, LMK when your showing up for dinner - porter house will be on the menu :D LOL

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
That is untrue. I just used the Google Maps app's turn by turn voice guided navigation feature and street names were spoken clearly during my route.

Is there a setting you have to change to get the voice directions? I type in the address hit start and no sound?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a setting you have to change to get the voice directions? I type in the address hit start and no sound?

I used the app in its default settings. Have you checked to make sure your device's volume isn't turned all the way down? Press the + button on the side of your phone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Reinstalled still no voice?
When you have a route started, in the bar at the bottom, hit the '3 stacked dots' on the right end of the bar, and see if the voice guidance is muted or not... select "unmute..." if you see that as a choice when you hit the dots.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Just saying when I type in a address and hit start she doesn't start out with voice like Siri says in 200 ft turn right and so on. Nothing's checked for mute.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Volume is up. Hmm odd...

I don't know what to tell you. I mean, each time i type in a destination and then select start, voice guided directions immediately begin. Without trying to insult your intelligence or anything, can you confirm your steps?

1. Initiate the Google Maps app
2. Select the arrow icon in the upper right corner.
3. Type in a destination
4. Tap Start in the bottom right corner.

If the above is confirmed, I don't know what to tell you. Honestly, I don't. I don't want to recommend a restore as new if you haven't had any other issues with your device. By the way, what device are you using anyway?

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you. I mean, each time i type in a destination and then select start, voice guided directions immediately begin. Without trying to insult your intelligence or anything, can you confirm your steps?

1. Initiate the Google Maps app
2. Select the arrow icon in the upper right corner.
3. Type in a destination
4. Tap Start in the bottom right corner.

If the above is confirmed, I don't know what to tell you. Honestly, I don't. I don't want to recommend a restore as new if you haven't had any other issues with your device. By the way, what device are you using anyway?

No insult here buddy. I have done all the above steps and when I hit the start button no voice. iOS maps is instant. The only thing I can think of is I unchecked the box of google sharing my info. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
guys, i am driving right now and the street names ARE being said

i don't know they were not this morning, i'm an idiot. NO dinner plans anytime soon 'D and Pink!

trying see if the No on screen map while in lockscreen is something i can deal with or not

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No insult here buddy. I have done all the above steps and when I hit the start button no voice. iOS maps is instant. The only thing I can think of is I unchecked the box of google sharing my info. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not?

Thank you. As for unchecking the sharing of your information, I can't see that affecting your sound, but hey, you never know. Anyway, Maybe it'll iron itself out. Heck, try a mere reboot of your device.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
guys, i am driving right now and the street names ARE being said

i don't know they were not this morning, i'm an idiot. NO dinner plans anytime soon 'D and Pink!

trying see if the No on screen map while in lockscreen is something i can deal with or not

I'm glad it's working for you, Blink. Be safe on your way home, my friend :)

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. As for unchecking the sharing of your information, I can't see that affecting your sound, but hey, you never know. Anyway, Maybe it'll iron itself out. Heck, try a mere reboot of your device.

I'm gonna reboot my device but just to be clear as soon as you hit the start button instant voice navigation?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR