Google Maps for IOS releasing tonight?

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
3 out of 10 people used Google maps on their iPhones pre iOS6, but 8 out of 10 people complained about Apple maps post iOS6 :)

Seriously people, its a mapping app. If you don't like it, use something else.

OK, Rant done.... Nothing to see here :)

Did you know, that 7/10 statistics are made up on the spot?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
No spoken street names for turn by turn? Boooo!

:)When i chekced out the app this morning on the "test directions" i put in, once the navigation screen came up i tapped on "start" in the lower right hand corner and the woman started to speak the direction i need to go in. Now, just seeing your post, i just put in another addy and again, after tapping "start" it started to speak my direction to go in.

I dwld'd the app and didn't change any settings.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
:)When i chekced out the app this morning on the "test directions" i put in, once the navigation screen came up i tapped on "start" in the lower right hand corner and the woman started to speak the direction i need to go in. Now, just seeing your post, i just put in another addy and again, after tapping "start" it started to speak my direction to go in.

I dwld'd the app and didn't change any settings.

the issue is there is no SPEAKING of street names... just "turn left, turn right"

you have used the native app (turn by turn) right?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded it and will give it a try this weekend. Doubt this could ever replace my Navigon app, though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
the issue is there is no SPEAKING of street names... just "turn left, turn right"

you have used the native app (turn by turn) right?

ok, i'm not loosing my mind. I just opened the Google Map app again, put in an address, and she spoke go "250ft on Blah-Blah Ave. then turn right onto George Ave."

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Question, when you want to add a location to navigate to or from, is there a way to add from your contacts? I haven't seen that option.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No spoken street names for turn by turn? Boooo!

That is untrue. I just used the Google Maps app's turn by turn voice guided navigation feature and street names were spoken clearly during my route.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Question, when you want to add a location to navigate to or from, is there a way to add from your contacts? I haven't seen that option.

Not that I'm currently aware of unless the option is available once you sign in to your Google account in which I haven't tried that yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox