Google Maps for IOS releasing tonight?

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Still don't understand what the big issue with Apple Maps was lol, it has proven accurate on several occasions for me. But I downloaded Google Maps just for sh*ts and gigs.

- VZW iPhone 5

While I wouldn't say apples maps weren't horrible, but a few times it was off for me, never have had that issue with google maps while using it with android or on the iphone.

I'm really excited to be using google maps again, I hope it is just as good as the android version, this is a big plus for a lot of people.

Also downloaded fine on the first try

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
AWESOME APP. nice to type something in and it shows up correctly.

Apple had this location about 15 miles to the west. I reported it about 5-6 times.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355379090.334028.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see a iPad version only iphone ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded and installed this morning and my first experience is underwhelming. I live on a road leading to a cul de sac which then continues as another straight road. Apple Maps displays the formation accurately while Google Maps shows a continuous straight road going through and no cul de sac. I believe the old Maps app showed the correct configuration, so I'm not ready to say that this is the cure-all yet. Having said that, I haven't had any problems with Apple Maps anyway; just wish they offered pedestrian mode.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good morning. As expected, I was able to quickly download the new Google Maps app upon waking up this morning unlike prior to going to bed. I'm impressed with the speed in which it downloaded.....less than 5 seconds.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Still don't understand what the big issue with Apple Maps was lol, it has proven accurate on several occasions for me. But I downloaded Google Maps just for sh*ts and gigs.

- VZW iPhone 5

The big deal is the fact that some people simply prefer Google Maps. It has been the default map for years and some prefer and trust it more. Besides, having choices is a good thing. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Good morning. As expected, I was able to quickly download the new Google Maps app upon waking up this morning unlike prior to going to bed. I'm impressed with the speed in which it downloaded.....less than 5 seconds.

+1. I also installed first thing this morning with no issues:)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
dislikes so far for me:

turn by turn not as good as Native app

no on screen map while in lockscreen

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Got it first thing this morning when I got to work OTA. No problems and looks good so far. Great statement 'D about having choices. I agree.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it looks like i'll be sticking with the native maps app, never really had an issue with it anyways. Google maps will be a nice backup after a few updates i'm sure

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Going to compare both this evening. iOS Maps vs Google Maps - Match up! :)

ROAD TRIP!!! :D

Try it on an iPad too... Navigon on an iPad is lightyears ahead of Google Maps... the iPhone app with a 2X button to fill the screen... really Google? The iPhone app will be a back-up if something craps out on Navigon or the native Apple Maps for me... at least all the AppleMap haters that were clamoring for this app from Google can all quit complaining about Apple's Maps...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I like it but the turn-by-turn is too chatty. She told me where to turn waaaayyy to many times.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
it looks like i'll be sticking with the native maps app, never really had an issue with it anyways. Google maps will be a nice backup after a few updates i'm sure

I haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet, but I will. Heck, I already have Apple Maps, Waze and my trusty old Garmin Unit in my vehicle so I'm good to go in any case...:)

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Got the download. I'll probably test it out this evening when the wife and I are heading out of town. We're going to a familiar place so I don't have to worry about getting lost. Of course, this is the Google Maps app and not the Apple Maps app.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
3 out of 10 people used Google maps on their iPhones pre iOS6, but 8 out of 10 people complained about Apple maps post iOS6 :)

Seriously people, its a mapping app. If you don't like it, use something else.

OK, Rant done.... Nothing to see here :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
3 out of 10 people used Google maps on their iPhones pre iOS6, but 8 out of 10 people complained about Apple maps post iOS6 :)

Seriously people, its a mapping app. If you don't like it, use something else.

OK, Rant done.... Nothing to see here :)

Well, I was definitely one of the three...lol....:D

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I genrally will always switch between either NOW the new Google Maps and either TeleNav or Navigon and Yes of course my cars built in GPS which in a new Honda Accord is rated very high in accuracy so I will compare that to the new Google Maps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh