How to safely Delete Photos on iPad mini

vpipad

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I uploaded lots of photos using iCloud from my PC to iPad mini. The photos went into Photo Stream. The I added these photos to Camera Role and from there to different albums.

I wanted to save storage so I deleted all photos in Photo Stream and Camera Role thinking that I got them saved in the albums. To my suprise I found out that the photos from the albums were gone.

I like to understand what exctly happened here so I would know how and where to delete photos to save storage. Please help.

Thanks,

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Be sure the photo you want to delete is in your camera roll before deleting it from photo stream. If it is, you can delete it from photo stream; if not, you'll need to save it to your camera roll first (by opening the photo, tapping the share arrow at the top, then tapping Save to Camera Roll).

Photos in any albums still need to be contained in camera roll

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I uploaded lots of photos using iCloud from my PC to iPad mini. The photos went into Photo Stream. The I added these photos to Camera Role and from there to different albums.

I wanted to save storage so I deleted all photos in Photo Stream and Camera Role thinking that I got them saved in the albums. To my suprise I found out that the photos from the albums were gone.

I like to understand what exctly happened here so I would know how and where to delete photos to save storage. Please help.

Thanks,

You could also save space on the forums by not double posting about this

http://forums.imore.com/ipad-apps-games-forum/245644-how-safely-delete-photos-ipad-mini.html

vpipad

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I understand from your reply I can not delete the photos in Camera Role for the photos I need to keep in all my albums. This means the photos in the albums are indexed from the Camera Role as opposed to copied from there. Am I right?

Thanks,

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Exactly.

See attached. I have the image in my camera roll and a folder. When I go to remove it it prompts you that it's linked to a folder. Do you wish to delete it everywhere or cancel.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1354676861.631241.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1354676861.631241.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 8

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riad1973