Text tones app sounds and Music will not play on 4s

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hold the home & power buttons at the same time until the Apple appears on the screen... then let go and let it restart.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Obvious questions: do you have Sounds enabled in your Settings>Sounds and Settings>Notifications>YourAppName for the text tones and app notifications? And are you sure your volume is turned up in your music app?

Ruth Orr

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi my txt tones app sounds and music is not playing on 4s - Siri and phone will ring - what is going on ?

Yes settings all set to enable sound - no he silent button not on - strange thing is Siri and phone ringing can be heard - really am baffled

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the feeling this is one of those things that would be easily diagnosed in person but might be tough online. You don't have Do Not Disturb enabled, do you? (It's in Settings.) If you have an Apple Store nearby it would probably be easiest to just drop in and ask about it.

What happens when you start a song? That detail about not being able to turn up the sound makes it sound like it could be an issue with the headphone jack--like the phone thinks you have headphones plugged in...try putting some in, playing music, stopping it, and taking the headphones out.

Ruth Orr

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yea tried all that when I play a song I can hear with head phones but take them out no sound - what is strange is that I noticed an icon on top beside time and it like a loudspeaker icon - never noticed it until this problem - any ideas

Ruth Orr

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Solved problem bt cleaning both headphones and charging dock with alcohol - then wiggled a credit card then reset using off button and home button - volume altering now and again but sound music to my ears - thank u :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR