App Store password stored?

Rube8514

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Is there a way to store your password for when you download new apps?? On my old android phone, we didn't have to put in a password each time we downloaded. It's not a huge deal, just wanted to know if there was way to do it.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I could have sworn with iOS 6 there was an option for this (settings \ store). Even now when I install apps it doesn't 'always' ask for my password. And this only started with iOS 6.

Check with Alli, I'm sure she can confirm this...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I could have sworn with iOS 6 there was an option for this (settings \ store). Even now when I install apps it doesn't 'always' ask for my password. And this only started with iOS 6.

Check with Alli, I'm sure she can confirm this...

If you're updating installed apps or reinstalling apps you've already purchased, you will not be asked for your password. If you are installing an app that you've never purchased or installed before then it should ask for your password. I have my settings set to always ask for a password and it does in regard to installing apps that I've never purchased or installed before. I hope that made sense. I've just returned home from running and I'm perusing the forums while I quit sweating....:)

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't ask for it when updating apps, only for new downloads or major firmware updates. And while a bit of an inconvenience, how much nicer is it to avoid charges to your account when someone, say a child starts messing with the app store and sees 21 games they like and must have for the next 5min. Having that password locker on there prevents that scenario from ever happening, and regardless of whether you THINK it wouldn't happen to you (i have no kids, and never let kids mess with my phone personally), better safe than sorry as they say.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't ask for it when updating apps, only for new downloads or major firmware updates. And while a bit of an inconvenience, how much nicer is it to avoid charges to your account when someone, say a child starts messing with the app store and sees 21 games they like and must have for the next 5min. Having that password locker on there prevents that scenario from ever happening, and regardless of whether you THINK it wouldn't happen to you (i have no kids, and never let kids mess with my phone personally), better safe than sorry as they say.

AMEN! My youngest son loves playing games on my iPad. In fact, he is the reason why I have games on it. Anyway, because of him, I have restrictions turned on so that he cannot install or delete any apps nor can he inadvertently make in-app purchases, especially via games that slyly make it easy to do.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR