Restoring from a back up NO apps

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why don't apps restore from a backup??? I backed up a iPhone 4 so I could restore on a iPhone 5 everything is there besides apps. I made sure sync was checked on the iPhone 4 before I did a backup but still no apps on the iPhone 5 with restore.

I also did a backup before updating firmware on a iPhone 4 and when I did a restore there was no apps. So I have no clue why apps won't backup.

via Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Only settings and data are backed up... you sync apps... just like other iTunes content that does not back up.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I manually select which apps to sync? That would be a hassle because I have a few family members using same iTunes account.

via Tapatalk

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A backup should include which apps are on your phone but not the actual apps themselves. So if you are restoring from iTunes, it restores all of your settings and backed up data and then restores the apps based on the list of apps in your phone from the apps stored in iTunes. Restoring from an iCloud backup is similar but instead of restoring the apps from your copy in iTunes it redownloads the apps on your list.

It does not restore any apps when I restore.

via Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It does not restore any apps when I restore.

via Tapatalk

Karen is right. Based on your settings at the time of the backup, the apps that were present at that time should have automatically began to "re-install". I rarely restore from a backup but every time I did, the apps that were on my device at the time of the backup re-installed automatically, whether via iCloud or iTunes. I don't know why it did not occur when you did it.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Karen is right. Based on your settings at the time of the backup, the apps that were present at that time should have automatically began to "re-install". I rarely restore from a backup but every time I did, the apps that were on my device at the time of the backup re-installed automatically, whether via iCloud or iTunes. I don't know why it did not occur when you did it.

On my personal phone I backed and restore fine with iCloud and after restore you would see all the apps and then it would download them.

I did a backup for my sisters new iPhone 5 but the restore did not load her previous apps on the iPhone 4.

via Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I rarely restore from a backup but every time I did, the apps that were on my device at the time of the backup re-installed automatically, whether via iCloud or iTues.
Chances are, your backup was immediately followed by syncing, which reinstalled your apps. :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
no. any time you sync with iTunes you'll see apps restored... or newer versions installed if downloaded via iTunes and not already on the phone.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just did a sync and backup on my iPhone 4S and restored on a old iPhone 4 and it worked. Thanks for the help.

via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR