Best Cloud to transfer Documents? Help Please

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I will be getting my first iPad on Saturday, and was wondering what was the best Cloud app.

What I want to be able to do is to take a document from work, place it in the cloud and be able to read/edit/save on my iPad or iPhone or laptop at home.

I don't need something to sync everything on my desktop at work or laptop at home. I just need to be able to place the documents "there" and retrieve them later from a different device.

Does this make sense?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There are so many to choose from today, and all of them offer the same services with free basic plans. Dropbox and Box.com are both frequently written into other apps so that you have easy access from your iOS device. Google Drive is another good option.

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
There are so many to choose from today, and all of them offer the same services with free basic plans. Dropbox and Box.com are both frequently written into other apps so that you have easy access from your iOS device. Google Drive is another good option.

Alli,

Do the two you listed allow me to retrieve a document with my iPad, edit it, save it back to the cloud then pull it back in at work in the AM? Sorry for all the noob questions about this, but I am trying to get away from not being able to finish something because my thumb drive it sitting on my desk at work.

txladi29

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
I prefer Dropbox. I can sync up folders from certain folders at work, and from certain folders from home, from my iPhone or my iPad.
And access them just like another drive on the computer once the desktop app is installed. I also can sever the sync links to any one system from ANY computer, simply by signing on via the web, and canceling the approval for the particular system that I do not want to extend access to any longer. I can share files with people, by sending them a link to the one file, or send then a link to a public folder (if we are working on a project and many files are being utilized.)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There are apps that will allow you to do this with all three that I mentioned. I've been using Docs 2 Go forever, and it allows me to access my documents in Dropbox and Google. (I think Box as well, although I can't remember.)

Alli,

Do the two you listed allow me to retrieve a document with my iPad, edit it, save it back to the cloud then pull it back in at work in the AM? Sorry for all the noob questions about this, but I am trying to get away from not being able to finish something because my thumb drive it sitting on my desk at work.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I use Google Cloud base for all my doc's

I use Google drive on iOS

and then access file via web through gmail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2