Really weird phone app issue

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have never noticed this until recently, but when I am in the phone app on a call, the call end button does not respond when pressed especially toward the center of the button. The really weird thing is I have completely reset and erased all settings on my iphone and restored as a new device and the problem completely disappeared. I reset and erased all settings again and restored from icloud backup and initially before everything downloaded it worked just fine, but soon after everything was restored it went back to not responding. I have the new lifeproof case on and I thought that may have been the problem, but seeing that it has been responsive before and the fact that it is responsive when the phone is restored as new tells me it isn't the lifeproof case. I press the call end button and it shows a little animation of the button being pressed, but it doesn't end the call. If I long press it, then the screen goes black for a second as if the proximity sensor has been activated. Insight would be much appreciated.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If setting up as new the problem goes away it's something that gets restored. My first guess would be one of your apps so try hooking up to iTunes and uncheck sync apps. Once all the apps are off the phone reboot it and then see if the problem is still there. If it's gone put on your have to use apps do the same test. Then put on your games, etc. you get the drift. Try to leave off apps that you might have had for a long time that haven't been updated. Like for example I used to have an app that I used on iOS 2.x and it never had been updated since. If the apps weren't the culprit try the same thing with your media songs, pictures, podcasts take them all off. My first guess would be the applications.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it's only happening after you use a stored backup...then it's probably in your backup. Restore as new, manually put your apps back on the phone and see if it still does it. Based on your initial report, it'll probably work right as rain after that. If it doesn't, swap it for a new one at the Apple store.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure it's an app issue. I never noticed the problem before yesterday. I've had all the same apps before yesterday.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
If it's only happening after you use a stored backup...then it's probably in your backup. Restore as new, manually put your apps back on the phone and see if it still does it. Based on your initial report, it'll probably work right as rain after that. If it doesn't, swap it for a new one at the Apple store.
Update: I restored as new again and the problem still persists. Now that I think about it, I never had the problem previous to 6.0.1. It's baffling really. Anywhere else on the phone and in any other app I have no problems with responsive touch in that same area as the end call button in the phone app. Also I cannot reproduce the same results when the phone is in speaker mode. I can press the end call button with full responsiveness when I have the speaker phone enabled.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Update #2: Found out that it was indeed my lifeproof case. I'm not sure it was because my iphone is white and my lifeproof case is black(no pun intended ;)), but I took the case off and the problems disappeared. I think it was messing with the proximity sensor or something....

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal