Best Twitter Client?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Question about Tweetbot:
Can I set it up to receive tweets from the people I follow in Notifications when my phone is in locked screen?
And I assume Badges will appear on the Icon. Right?
TIA

the Official Twitter app will do this

I just read several reviews about Tweetbot on the App Store and it looks like notification of tweets have stopped working.
How about you guys?e

This is important for me.

Tweetbot notifications have worked flawlessly for me since i have been using it (about 2 years)

Are you running iOS 6 or later and the most current Tweetbot update?
It appears those complaining about lack of tweet notifications staring experiencing this after the most recent app update.
TIA

again, works great for me. this is my most used app

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you plan on being an active Twitter user, Tweetbot is the best (and I own at least 20 iOS Twitter clients and did the first iMore Twitter showdown). If you just want to follow people, it doesn't make a bit of difference what you use, and if you just want to post the occasional status update, you may as well use text messaging.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Tks for all of you replies the info BLiNK.
I'm currently using the Twitter app and receiving notifications on both my iPhone and iPad. Only Badges are missing.
I seldom tweet, mostly follow.
Think I'm gonna sty put.
Tks again.
Good Luck

- - - Updated - - -

If you plan on being an active Twitter user, Tweetbot is the best (and I own at least 20 iOS Twitter clients and did the first iMore Twitter showdown). If you just want to follow people, it doesn't make a bit of difference what you use, and if you just want to post the occasional status update, you may as well use text messaging.

Tks Alli,
As I just replied to BLiNK above, I seldom Tweet, mostly follow.
Gonna stay put with the Twitter App.
Good Luck

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Tweetbot for me but it has two features I wish it had that Twittelator Pro has:

- Ability to select how many tweets are loaded
- Ability to load only the last page used (ie the @reply page) and NOT all pages*

*This is useful for me because I like to let the @ page load, read and reply, without loading the general feed. If I do that several times, when I go to the feed I have to scroll through 200x the amount of times I checked. So if I checked @ reply 5 times, there are ~1,000 tweets loaded to scroll through. Maybe I should start using Twittelator Pro for responding to tweets, and Tweetbot for when I'm going to hang out a while (which hasn't been much lately anyway, hence the reason for wanting this feature!)

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Yet another vote for Tweetbot! Notifications have been working fine for me on iPhone5 w/ iOS6. Other than the UI itself, my favorite feature by far is the ability to mute keywords.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Been trying many and stock twitter works best for me. Tweebot has good features, but most I have no reason to use.

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Ubersocial, as that is what I had back on Blackberry. However, after reading all the recommendations av out tweetbot, I am going to give that a shot.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Ubersocial, as that is what I had back on Blackberry. However, after reading all the recommendations av out tweetbot, I am going to give that a shot.

During my Blackberry days, there was no greater Twitter app than ?berTwitter / ?berSocial, in my opinion. I tried to use it with my iPhone but it doesn't seem the same. I'm not sure if it is because the ads on the larger screen are more noticeable and annoying or because I'm not using a Blackberry device. I may or may not give it another try just to see if I can get back into using it. I doubt it being that Tweetbot and the official Twitter? app work perfectly for my tweeting habits....;)

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I used to use ?ber social but now I just use the official twtitter approve daily use of3 twitter accounts.

I use hootsuite for searching twitter.

localhost8080

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
not really in to twitter, but for me the official twitter app is good enough. I must be missing something important about this twitter thing.....

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Tweetbot!

Though if all you're doing is just following people and tweeting occasionally, the official Twitter app does just fine (and it's free).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73