Anyone Find a Way to Remove Facebook from iOS?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I want to remove the hooks to Facebook & Twitter on my phone. Anyone found a way to do this?

You can not remove them. You can chose to not use them. Just don't enter any username or passwords in the settings app, and the "hooks" will not function.

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Right, but I want to remove their presence. Like for example, in the share sheets....I want to remove the icons.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Seriously!? Facebook is so integrated it can't be removed? I am glad I haven't upgraded yet. But I will have to when my phone arrives:(

I hope someone figures out how to completely get rid of Facebook. As soon as that co went public, I want nothing more to do with them and I have been, wondrously, Facebook free for months!

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I do that in every other part of my life. But on my devices I'd like to remove them since I don't want them. I don't understand why Apple put them there in the first place. Should be a toggle-able option at the least. It's just wasted space. At least with Newstand I can hide it away in an unused folder.

You don't have the intellectual capacity to just ignore their existence?

Thank you Massie, that's what I suspected. Sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to do with public vs. private here, I've just never used it, don't care about it, and I don't want it. Or twitter for that matter.

Seriously!? Facebook is so integrated it can't be removed? I am glad I haven't upgraded yet. But I will have to when my phone arrives:(

I hope someone figures out how to completely get rid of Facebook. As soon as that co went public, I want nothing more to do with them and I have been, wondrously, Facebook free for months!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I find if kinda funny months before iOS6 a lot were making posts and wanting fb and twitter integrated and now it is the opposite ..
I do agree though that if it is not used in setting that is should not have the options in the OS

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I find if kinda funny months before iOS6 a lot were making posts and wanting fb and twitter integrated and now it is the opposite ..
I do agree though that if it is not used in setting that is should not have the options in the OS

It just goes to show that you can't please everyone, Haters are gonna hate, complainers are gonna complain, and everyone wants it their way.

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I simply want to remove 2 third-party app icons that I don't use & have no interest in using, ever. Or at least.....make them not show up.

It's not "hate", it's not "complaining". It was a request for information about iOS6 in a technical forum. If that offends you then stay out of the thread.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, well, I'm still wishing I could get rid of Stocks, Game Center, Weather, Maps, Newsstand and Passbook. As it is (aside from the evil Newsstand) I've tossed these into a Junk Drawer folder - but I do wish Apple would stop embedding apps (their own and 3rd party) into the iOS that should be left to the user to install via the App Store.

I mean, its not as if Apple offers devices with user-expandable storage to accommodate their corporate whims...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I simply want to remove 2 third-party app icons that I don't use & have no interest in using, ever. Or at least.....make them not show up.

It's not "hate", it's not "complaining". It was a request for information about iOS6 in a technical forum. If that offends you then stay out of the thread.

My comment was not directed at or to you... it was a comment on Peligro's post about how some people want it one way, and others want it another... that’s why my response quoted Peligro's post...sorry that you are so easily offended.

To answer your original question: No. At this point there is no way to remove them. Just ignore it.

Last edited:

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This. And yep that's what I've done (junk folder). Maps though stays on my front screen, it works fine for me so far. Much faster than Google maps.

FB & Twit should not have been implemented this way.

Yeah, well, I'm still wishing I could get rid of Stocks, Game Center, Weather, Maps, Newsstand and Passbook. As it is (aside from the evil Newsstand) I've tossed these into a Junk Drawer folder - but I do wish Apple would stop embedding apps (their own and 3rd party) into the iOS that should be left to the user to install via the App Store.

I mean, its not as if Apple offers devices with user-expandable storage to accommodate their corporate whims...

Fausty, not offended. Seemed like it was directed toward me. Never mind.

Jose BazBaz

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Just delete it.

Go to Settings -> Facebook -> "Your Name" -> Delete Account

This deletes it from iOS but not your actual iOS account

Swag

Mark 13

May 11, 2016
Visit site
having the option to remove is not hating, it is a respective choice. Your comments are dismissive and this shows a lack of intelligence about this issue at hand. I do hope that Apple does provide the ability to choose to completely irradiate these invasive apps since they are not social, they are promotional.