Google Search App, Map integration Ios6

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Let me start off by saying i have not updated to ios 6 as of yet because of the whole maps situation but today i remembered an article here on imore presenting googles search app. I believe it was called Google Now but the current search app has not been updated yet. The current google search app displays map results with each of its searches depending on relevance and if it is near by it offers directions through the stock Map app which on os5 and earlier is google backed.

photo 1.PNG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
photo 2.PNG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
photo 3.PNG

The question i would like to ask the imore community is does the google search app still have the same map integration with the new tom tom powered os6 maps?

Or better yet could someone please test this out for me and see if the directions still work and are accurate?

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
No it doesn't show any maps ! 😲
But this is how it looks like in maps , oh and google maps shows different Starbucks from apple maps !

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1350771577.296312.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1350771577.296312.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 25
  • ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1350771595.913468.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1350771595.913468.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 26

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
No it doesn't show any maps ! ��
But this is how it looks like in maps , oh and google maps shows different Starbucks from apple maps !

Thank you for testing this out for me and replying. So im going to take it that this no longer works.
Do you live in america because those symbols to the right of your time dont seem to be English. Although one does look like utorrent

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for testing this out for me and replying. So im going to take it that this no longer works.
Do you live in america because those symbols to the right of your time dont seem to be English. Although one does look like utorrent

No, I live in Athens, Greece !
And the symbol is my carriers name

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Oh yes it's : π.μ= a.m

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
No, I live in Athens, Greece !
And the symbol is my carriers name

Wow people in Athens read imore lol thats crazy. Thanks anyway if you could test this out in your area and let me know of the results i would greatly appreciate. And as a side question how is Apple maps in Athens?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was about to post something similar to this and was going to start a thread which I still might do but....

I was working this morning in a area that I had not been to in over 10 years. Since then a lot of development and things look very different. After I was done working I was to meet with a friend for coffee at Starbuck. I checked the Starbucks app a found one about 10 mins from my location.

Only problem is that the Starbucks app defaults to google maps not iOS6 maps. So the SB app opened Safari for Google maps which does me no good if I want turn by turn directions so I had to manually input the address into iOS maps which is not a big deal. These location based apps need to update to default directions to iOS6 maps. Also the iOS6 maps where dead on finding the Starbucks.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Also the iOS6 maps where dead on finding the Starbucks.

I have been looking around one my friends ipod touch which he updated to ios6 and the map experience is silky smooth and such. But what i actually need which is the detail and location of places is extremely lacking i wish they could just find a way to poach googles data or at least buy it from them.... and i would not count on it many apps are no where near being updated because you have one time developers who are trying to have another source of income but who may not be putting forth maximum effort either that or they lack the resources and time to get things done...