rss feed with push notifications

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
does any one know of an rss feed that has push notifications...so far all i have found is simple rss but it doesnt seem to be able to handle all of my subscriptions. if you know of any please let me know.

Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id350973572?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Push 4.0[/URL]. It *may* suit your needs, and no, I haven't tried it....;)

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Push 4.0 was not a good experience. First bad sign which I should have payed attention to is it would not import my feeds from google. That already annoyed me because I have to many to be adding one by one. But I decided to stick with it I added around 20 just to see how it would handle them. That didn't go we'll either it took for ever to get it to update all the feeds u cannot control how often ( or not so often) it refreshes, but when it did decided to refresh it was only showing a few of them. Other feeds were not coming in at all and I knew there were some because feeddler pro was pulling them in like none other. Needless to say I deleted it. I guess I'll just use feeddler pro I like it a lot one of my favorites I've ever used just wish there were push notifications !

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Push 4.0 was not a good experience. First bad sign which I should have payed attention to is it would not import my feeds from google. That already annoyed me because I have to many to be adding one by one. But I decided to stick with it I added around 20 just to see how it would handle them. That didn't go we'll either it took for ever to get it to update all the feeds u cannot control how often ( or not so often) it refreshes, but when it did decided to refresh it was only showing a few of them. Other feeds were not coming in at all and I knew there were some because feeddler pro was pulling them in like none other. Needless to say I deleted it. I guess I'll just use feeddler pro I like it a lot one of my favorites I've ever used just wish there were push notifications !

I'm sorry the app didn't work out for you and like u aforementioned, I've never used it. As for Feeddler Pro, that is a top notch app and I use it exclusively for my RSS feed reading despite having tried a host if others. Anyway, thank you for the update and I hope you have an enjoyable weekend. ;)

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry the app didn't work out for you and like u aforementioned, I've never used it. As for Feeddler Pro, that is a top notch app and I use it exclusively for my RSS feed reading despite having tried a host if others. Anyway, thank you for the update and I hope you have an enjoyable weekend. ;)

You as we'll. have you tried feedly. I stumbled across it. It's really nice. It's actually got me considering it to replace feeddler pro. Ui is awesome and how they present your feeds makes u want to read them even more. There are a few downsides like I can't choose how often it refreshes. But u can do manually and the overall settings are limited but it makes up for it. Check it out. It's free let me know what u think.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You as we'll. have you tried feedly. I stumbled across it. It's really nice. It's actually got me considering it to replace feeddler pro. Ui is awesome and how they present your feeds makes u want to read them even more. There are a few downsides like I can't choose how often it refreshes. But u can do manually and the overall settings are limited but it makes up for it. Check it out. It's free let me know what u think.

Thank you. In regard to Feedly, yes, I have used it before and like it very much. I used it as well as Flipboard, Pulse, Zite, News360 and a few others, but after awhile, I always return to Feeddler Pro. I even purchased Reeder for the iPad, but it was too bland. Anyway, I think you will enjoy Feedly quite a bit, but don't uninstall Feeddler Pro just yet. Just in case...:)

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. In regard to Feedly, yes, I have used it before and like it very much. I used it as well as Flipboard, Pulse, Zite, News360 and a few others, but after awhile, I always return to Feeddler Pro. I even purchased Reeder for the iPad, but it was too bland. Anyway, I think you will enjoy Feedly quite a bit, but don't uninstall Feeddler Pro just yet. Just in case...:)

Of course not. I know I'm always going to fall back on it. I hope they integrate push notifications one day. Then it would be absolutely perfect for me. I definitely understand what you mean about reeder. I have it installed on my MacBook. It is very bland to a fault. I installed it. Used it a few times but that's it. Was very disappointed in it. I'm still looking for a good one for my MacBook. I was hoping to find one that will sync it's app for iPhone And back to my Mac. That might be a bit of a stretch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73