iPhone 5 and no Facebook notifications

cdunn05#AC

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and my Facebook notifications aren't making sounds. Everything else works and I know the settings are correct. Is anyone else having this issue? Or feel free to troll about it.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
It's an issue with the Facebook app, not the phone. It happened on my 4 before I got the 5. While Facebook has really improved their app, it still has some issues; this being one of them.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here. No FB notifications. Although get the separate FB messenger app notifications. But that's it.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a this was addressed a few days ago by Facebook on their community help page. Apparently they are thinking about doing away with sound notifications for some things.

Here is a copy of the post:

Facebook Help Team
Hey everyone,

Delivering a great experience with Facebook is at the core of what we do. As part of these ongoing efforts, we are exploring some ways to improve your experience with push notifications. For example, we are looking at which types of notifications vibrate your phone and which don?t. We will continue to evaluate this issue, and appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
Dee

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2