Anyone use the notify me feature on find friends app?

mpovolo

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Tried this feature yesterday and it give me the option to get notified when the person leaves the current location. However, I never actually get notified, I run the app, see they left but a notification never came.

Any ideas why? I am wondering if I need to leave the app open or something.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I use it all the time. Make sure you have a passcode set on your device or find my friends will log you out everytime you exit out of the app. Just an FYI if you have Siri and a passcode set Siri will interact with find my friends just like any stock app. I.e. where is "insert name" or notify me when "insert name" leaves/arrives work/home/etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpovolo

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
thanks, especially for the siri post. I do have a passcode, my buddy also has ios6 with the app installed. I can see them, follow them, but when I turn on that notify when they arrive or leave a location, I still don't get the notification. Any other ideas?

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Make sure also buried in the me tab of find my friends, at the top right corner is the accounts button. Scroll all the way to the bottom and make sure that the show geofence alerts from everyone is enabled? I've seen reports that it being set to friends only sometimes causes it not to work. Also make sure the passcode is set on your friends phone so he is not logged out of the app whenever he exits it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal