Whatsapp for iPhone 5 ?

Aimar_69

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Im sure you guys have discussed this ..
but am i the only one who is really annoyed by the delayed of the upgrade ?
I mean how hard could it be to fit it into the screen ?

do you guys have any updates ?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Have you email them to find out what the progress is? The company themselves might be able to give you a solid answer.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to see more updates for iPhone 5 support coming out now. Tapatalk and Atomic Web are two of my most used apps that were recently updated.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Aimar_69

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I did e-mail them and they replied with the classis "what's you're iOS , and what phone device are you using ? "
although my email was very clear "UPDATES FOR IPHONE5" lol ?

i find it hard to type bcs the keypad will show half screen so you kinda have to stretch your thump up if you know what i mean so i have been avoiding using whatsapp lately ..

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
This has been annoying me also. A few of the freebie time waster games I have installed have already been updated, yet Whatsapp hasn't.

I use it a lot and its a PITA because the keyboard is raised up because its not full screen.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Honestly these developers knew iPhone 5 was coming, no?

Albeit if an app is free, I sort of understand the delay. Unlike paid apps there is a little more urgency, no?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Honestly these developers knew iPhone 5 was coming, no?

Albeit if an app is free, I sort of understand the delay. Unlike paid apps there is a little more urgency, no?

WhatsApp is a paid app. I don't think being a free or paid app has anything to do with update times, though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Aimar_69

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah exactly
i mean Facebook and twitter and instgram updated their apps a day or 2 days after
and the rest of the top apps did the same .. and now even the freebies and games !!
except for whatspp and the thing is we paid for it !!

i guess we are not asking for much just to stretch the screen for now
and if there is another major updates let them take the time they need .. just fix the screen for now !!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
As my daughter would say, "Huh?"

Hello Everybody.

The mobile industry has evolved exponentially over the years, now offering more than just the ability to communicate. Today, mobile phones bring users a level of functionality and entertainment that outshines even what personal computers offered just decades ago...

For More Info About iPhone Application Development are welcome.

Thanks.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hello Everybody.

The mobile industry has evolved exponentially over the years, now offering more than just the ability to communicate. Today, mobile phones bring users a level of functionality and entertainment that outshines even what personal computers offered just decades ago...

For More Info About iPhone Application Development are welcome.

Thanks.

Wha? Sorry. My WTFSpam to English translator is broken....

mgee85

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The whatsapp on my iphone5 is working perfectly well, its exactly the same as on my previous phone, no problems. Not sure what you want them to change on the upgrade?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The whatsapp on my iphone5 is working perfectly well, its exactly the same as on my previous phone, no problems. Not sure what you want them to change on the upgrade?

Judging by the posts above yours, I'd say they'd like app to fit the new screen size so that the keyboard isn't moved up from the bottom.

i find it hard to type bcs the keypad will show half screen so you kinda have to stretch your thump up if you know what i mean so i have been avoiding using whatsapp lately ..

I use it a lot and its a PITA because the keyboard is raised up because its not full screen.

i guess we are not asking for much just to stretch the screen for now

mgee85

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I understood that, it's just personally i'm not finding that the keyboard takes up that much space, and the app is still using the full screen, it's just how it was before which for me is fine. Maybe its just personal tastes and thumb sizes.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I understood that, it's just personally i'm not finding that the keyboard takes up that much space, and the app is still using the full screen, it's just how it was before which for me is fine. Maybe its just personal tastes and thumb sizes.

Are you using an iPhone 5? (EDIT: I see above that you are...but if it isn't updated then it couldn't be using the full screen I don't think?) It seems like they aren't enjoying how the app is letterboxed (bars at the top and bottom). If you're on a 4S or below it would still use the full screen. I guess it just doesn't bother everyone.

mgee85

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
photo.PNG
Yea must just be personal preference. I attached a photo anyway just to show those without an iphone5 what it looks like so can get a better idea (blurred out the number for obvious reasons). Just looked at the date of the original post and thinking maybe is has had an update by now anyway.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR