For everyone who is dissapointed with the new Mapping app in IOS 6 and the haters and doubters please read this article just posted on the front of iMore on the proactive stance that Apple is taking to fix this problem.

I think this is more than many other manufacturers would do and the hope of a great app to come very soon. Good job Apple.

What does everyone else think. Please comment and give your opinions! Thank you.

Apple retail employees reportedly taking to the streets to help fix iOS 6 Maps | iMore.com
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 10-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    10-03-2012 03:23 PM
    It's a good idea. They really need to get out and fix the more egrarious mistakes. Missing some POIs is not a big deal, but when landmarks are placed in the middle of lakes, that's ugly and it's that kind of thing that's leading to the ridicule.
    10-04-2012 10:18 AM
    I think it's not that bad of an idea. I'll try iOS 6 again once it supposedly gets better
    10-04-2012 11:44 AM
    It's definitely a step in the right direction. Not sure it will help areas not near Apple Stores though. But I applaud their efforts.
    10-04-2012 11:50 AM
    People that are avoiding iOS 6 because of the mapping system are being ridiculous...what are you sticking too? The native map system on iOS 5? lmfao...
    10-04-2012 11:57 AM
    i'm not really avoiding iOS 6, I already had it and switched back to iOS 5 because I liked it better. Honestly I could care less about the maps. Why change a good thing?
    reltm likes this.
    10-04-2012 12:14 PM
    Waste of resources. It's so dumb. It's just.. why are they doing all this? It's not worth it.

iOS5 trumps iOS6. Just because it's current doesn't mean it's better.
    10-04-2012 12:19 PM
    Waste of resources. It's so dumb. It's just.. why are they doing all this? It's not worth it.

Lol. IOS 5 trumps IOS6......or IOS 5 trumps IOS6 for YOU? You have been all over these forums losing your mind over maps like it is the end of the world. Yet, there are people like myself who don't use apple maps at all. In fact, I never used google maps either. I have been using mapquest along with its turn by turn voice navigation for well over a year now with zero issue. What I do use a lot is facebook. IOS 6 has integrated facebook throughout which for me is a large improvement. So be careful with your blanket statements and claims. Just because you feel a certain way about something doesn't make it the norm....let alone right.
    10-04-2012 12:40 PM
    If you are reading this post and then reading the article link I posted for everyone to make it easy to find, Please come back and post and give your honest opinion be it negative or positive just so others on here can be brought together to lend the thoughts. This is why I posted this so others can help each other. After all if Apple employees are doing this on the back end of a dedicated server to HQ on therir thoughts, We can continue to report problems through the app as well. The more we do on OUR choice of phone to use the faster we will be back praising what Apple and everyone else did to make the best Native Map app on IOS. Thanks again to everyone.
    10-04-2012 12:44 PM
    I love the new maps app and like that they are taking a pro-active approach the UI is the best i have seen and the data will be corrected in time. i never used maps previously i do all the time now. someone can send me a screen cap via text or facebook or whatever i hold down the home button siri pops up i say navigate to ... it routes it and i am on my way and i have used it alot since release no problems.
    10-04-2012 12:45 PM
    I think Apple needs to do what Google did/does. Send out thousands of cars throughout the world to map stuff and make their own "Streetview." It took Google 7 years to get to where they are now, a lot of that came with help came from iOS users. Hopefully, Apple can do it a lot faster.
    10-04-2012 12:48 PM
    Lol. IOS 5 trumps IOS6......or IOS 5 trumps IOS6 for YOU? You have been all over these forums losing your mind over maps like it is the end of the world. Yet, there are people like myself who don't use apple maps at all. In fact, I never used google maps either. I have been using mapquest along with its turn by turn voice navigation for well over a year now with zero issue. What I do use a lot is facebook. IOS 6 has integrated facebook throughout which for me is a large improvement. So be careful with your blanket statements and claims. Just because you feel a certain way about something doesn't make it the norm....let alone right.
    There are also ways in the forums to get ones thoughts across to another poster without being so harsh on the person.... Please keep one thing in mind, We all our own opinions... Right or wrong but they are ours. A little less harsh towards someone will get your point across much stronger. It is all about .... hmmmm "Words with friends"....LOL
    10-04-2012 12:49 PM
    There are also ways in the forums to get ones thoughts across to another poster without being so harsh on the person.... Please keep one thing in mind, We all our own opinions... Right or wrong but they are ours. A little less harsh towards someone will get your point across much stronger. It is all about .... hmmmm "Words with friends"....LOL
    Metrion is a troll, he deserves worse.
    10-04-2012 12:57 PM
    Metrion is a troll, he deserves worse.
    Just apply the forum's "ignore user" feature, and make "it" go away...
    Jaguarr40 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-04-2012 01:15 PM
    Just apply the forum's "ignore user" feature, and make "it" go away...
    Great idea. I did not think of that.
    10-04-2012 01:24 PM

...wheres the "dislike" button when you need one...
    10-04-2012 01:27 PM
    ...wheres the "dislike" button when you need one...
    Click on the persons profile name and go to their profile... There you will find where you can + ADD them to the ignore list.
    sj-performance likes this.
    10-04-2012 01:59 PM
    I apologize for coming off that way. In my times here and in other forums I seldom ever go after a specific person. In this case, I focused on metrion because I have seen he/she continually troll day in and out. And yes, I should have used the ignore user option, and will now. I did not mean to come off in the same manner that has caused me to feel the way that I do.
    10-04-2012 02:42 PM
    I'm not sure how I feel about this, its a start though. I stopped using Google Maps when I left Android because the experience on iPhone wasn't up to par and I really haven't even had a chance to test our the new maps in a real situation. I guess its not that big of a deal for me.
    10-04-2012 02:55 PM
    I'm not sure how I feel about this, its a start though. I stopped using Google Maps when I left Android because the experience on iPhone wasn't up to par and I really haven't even had a chance to test our the new maps in a real situation. I guess its not that big of a deal for me.
    Well at least you admit how you feel about it and the fact that it is noo big deal to you, You don't get caught up in all the hoopla. If you ever get to the point of trying it out and find incorrect data, Simply report it within the app to Apple. Thank you for your reply.
    10-04-2012 03:06 PM
    I have used it a couple times now and it has been spot on so I don't have complaints but I think apples proactive approach is what makes apple better than others .. They are investing in there own app and admitting it has issues and trying to speed up the process to fix it for the customer .. 40 hours a week per store and I doubt any apple emp makes min wage .. So that could be 30 grand a year per store min
    Sounds like they take customer feedback serious good for them
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    10-04-2012 04:58 PM
    I personally haven't had any problems with the new maps, maybe 1 or 2 things here and there it doesn't pick up, but nothing that would make me hate it or stop useing apple maps at all. I've had a few problems with google maps to so it evens it out I guess, side nothing is ever perfect.
    10-04-2012 10:59 PM
    I'm sorry. You all have good points. For some people it's an issue, others, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter to me. But at least it's acknowledged.
    10-05-2012 12:33 PM
    It's not our job to fix their problem. Neither is it the employees that work at the retail stores, those poor souls. If you're going to defend Apple, at least stick to the topic at hand and please, please avoid making it about ME. Am I the only one that's looking at Apple Maps? LOOK AT IT. It doesn't even deserve half the press it's getting it's so abysmal, why does anyone care about it anymore? It's going to take years to fix. YEARS.
    My friend you have a very diluted attitude and way of thinking about Apple and What Tim Cook the CEO has already acknowledged that they are doing to fix the Native Map App on IOS 6 first of all. Secondly there is a reason what Apple put a Report Problem link within the app as well as everything else they are doing.

Nobody is making anything about YOU I assure you. I believe that if you read the majority of the posts and not just the ones you want ans think people are picking on you, You might form a different opinion on what is going on here and I see no idication of going off topic except to answer this post. Try being a part of the Solution and not add to being a part of the Problem. Thank you for your post.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 10-05-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    10-05-2012 12:41 PM
    People that are avoiding iOS 6 because of the mapping system are being ridiculous...what are you sticking too? The native map system on iOS 5? lmfao...
    I would have to agree, Sean. iOS 6 is a worthy update, in my opinion, and to avoid it altogether because of the mapping system is pitiful. If people were to comb the forums, they would find numerous posts about people using MapQuest, TomTom, Garmin, Waze and other 3rd party apps to help them get from point A to point B so it doesn't make sense to avoid or discard iOS 6 because Apple's own mapping system does not compare at this time. Heck, I still have Waze installed just in case and I will keep it installed until I feel that Apple's mapping system is as great or greater than its competitors, but hey, that's Just Me, D...
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-05-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    10-05-2012 01:11 PM
35 12