Hello.

How do I delete unwanted Apps from my iPhone?
    do I have to install iTunes on my PC?

I wish to delete
    Passbook
    Compass
    Stocks
    Music
    GameCenter
    Compass
    Voicememo
    NewsStand
    Reminders
    maps

All are useless to me, and apps like Passbook with their very invasive TOS I have no desire even letting sit dormant on my device.

Jailbreaking is not permitted this is a work phone.
    10-01-2012 11:31 AM
    I don't know, but you must really hate the compass...
    dlc423 likes this.
    10-01-2012 11:45 AM
    you cant delete the stock apps that come with the iPhone. But you can take all those that you dont intend on using, stick'em in a folder on a page 'out of the way' of your daily things and forget its even there.
    StephenBB81 likes this.
    10-01-2012 11:57 AM
    unfortunately you can't...putting them all in a folder is the best option
    10-01-2012 12:36 PM
    I don't know, but you must really hate the compass...
    it's the scurge of the earth that thar compass
    you cant delete the stock apps that come with the iPhone. But you can take all those that you dont intend on using, stick'em in a folder on a page 'out of the way' of your daily things and forget its even there.
    That is what I've done (except for news stands it won't go away). But even the folder is an extra icon.
    I'd like everything to fit on just my main page no app page switching I was hoping there was a way to remove the bloatware.
    I guess I'm stuck with it.

Thank you.
    10-01-2012 02:14 PM
    it's the scurge of the earth that thar compass

That is what I've done (except for news stands it won't go away). But even the folder is an extra icon.
    I'd like everything to fit on just my main page no app page switching I was hoping there was a way to remove the bloatware.
    I guess I'm stuck with it.

Thank you.
    Oh, sorry, I forgot to clarify in my original post that Newstand cannot go into a folder. Sorry! So yea, it has to stand on its own.
    10-01-2012 03:03 PM
    If you want everything to fit on one page you will have to do two things...

#1) Arrange all of your apps into groups.

#2) If you have too many apps that you still can't fit into groups on one page, get rid of some apps! LOL

I have all of mine on one page, all in groups or drawers or what ever the term is.

I have added 43 apps to my phone so far and there is plenty of room to add more and still keep them all on one page. The new fifth row on the Five sure does help as well!
    10-01-2012 03:08 PM
    10-01-2012 03:12 PM
    Hello.

How do I delete unwanted Apps from my iPhone?
    do I have to install iTunes on my PC?

I wish to delete
    Passbook
    Compass
    Stocks
    Music
    GameCenter
    Compass
    Voicememo
    NewsStand
    Reminders
    maps

All are useless to me, and apps like Passbook with their very invasive TOS I have no desire even letting sit dormant on my device.

Jailbreaking is not permitted this is a work phone.
    You know I just have to say this... As you have already learned you cannot delete stock apps from Apple which you choose to call bloatware. THis is not an Android if you wantto talk about bloatware.

To also ask if you have to install iTunes on yourPC, Please tell me you did not ask that and id not know that the iPhone centers around iTunes and everything you need to do, Backups, Install and remove 3rd party apps and install a new OS if you do not choose the OTA method. iTunes and the iPhone go hand in hand.

The reason I am posting this is because in every thread you appear you have complained about the fact that iPhone has been forced on you and you cannot see why so many people all over the world and not just the USA use thi phone and why.

you also mention talking to John Yester on Twitter about it. I sure wish John would let us know what that conversation was because I cannot understand what you are all about.

Lastly I do not mean this as a disrespectful reply to you, I am just having a hard time figuring you out.

PS I also agree with everyone who suggested the folder option and just place it on a back panel that you never use. Out of sight out of mind and there is a good screenshot in here by a poster to make it easy for you.
    10-01-2012 03:29 PM
    You know I just have to say this... As you have already learned you cannot delete stock apps from Apple which you choose to call bloatware. THis is not an Android if you wantto talk about bloatware.
    It is software that does not serve a core purpose, there for it is bloatware. Sure not as bad as Android, nor actually as Bad as BlackBerry used to be which came loaded with some 10-15 Icons of carrier bloatware, but these are unwanted apps that I can't ridmyself of.
    Bloatware is the best term
    To also ask if you have to install iTunes on yourPC, Please tell me you did not ask that and id not know that the iPhone centers around iTunes and everything you need to do, Backups, Install and remove 3rd party apps and install a new OS if you do not choose the OTA method. iTunes and the iPhone go hand in hand.
    I was under the impression Apple was in a post PC era, meaning I don't need iTunes on my personal machine to use the iPhone/iPad, I have an iTunes account as that is required but I have had no reason to use iTunes on my machine as it doesn't sync documents so I have to use DropBox , now if iTunes desktop software allowed me to remove these apps I don't want, well that would make it worth me either installing it on my personal machine or having it installed on my work machine.

The reason I am posting this is because in every thread you appear you have complained about the fact that iPhone has been forced on you and you cannot see why so many people all over the world and not just the USA use thi phone and why.
    Actually in most of my threads I'm seeking help,
    I commented in YOUR thread I didn't see why people like it so much, I haven't fallen in love at all, I come here because it is an iPhone forum, when I started with BlackBerry I went to CrackBerry to get help, I assumed that once getting an iPhone I'd come and get help on a mobile nations site for the issues I have with that device.

you also mention talking to John Yester on Twitter about it. I sure wish John would let us know what that conversation was because I cannot understand what you are all about.
    Our twitter conversation started with him DMing me a link to an iPhone App he thought I might like, the conversation then went into usage of the devices and how I wasn't interested in any app that I didn't see an increased producitivity from, I only use my iPhone 5 days a week 14 hours a day, once the work days are over, I'm not using it for play, as I just don't enjoy it, we got on about difference in usage, what his battery life is, what mine is, and the fact we have very different needs, He doesn't really use the PHONE aspect of the iPhone, were as I use the Phone more than any other aspect even more than email at the moment.

Lastly I do not mean this as a disrespectful reply to you, I am just having a hard time figuring you out.

PS I also agree with everyone who suggested the folder option and just place it on a back panel that you never use. Out of sight out of mind and there is a good screenshot in here by a poster to make it easy for you.
    I didn't take it as a disrespectful reply, you probed to see if I was just here to stir the pot or if I had any actual interest in participating in this forum.
    perfectly acceptable, there was no personal attacks, and as a result I took the time to address each point.

and the folder option seems to be my only one, not one I'm a fan of, but I'll make due.
    10-01-2012 05:19 PM
    It is software that does not serve a core purpose, there for it is bloatware. Sure not as bad as Android, nor actually as Bad as BlackBerry used to be which came loaded with some 10-15 Icons of carrier bloatware, but these are unwanted apps that I can't ridmyself of.
    Bloatware is the best term

I was under the impression Apple was in a post PC era, meaning I don't need iTunes on my personal machine to use the iPhone/iPad, I have an iTunes account as that is required but I have had no reason to use iTunes on my machine as it doesn't sync documents so I have to use DropBox , now if iTunes desktop software allowed me to remove these apps I don't want, well that would make it worth me either installing it on my personal machine or having it installed on my work machine.

Actually in most of my threads I'm seeking help,
    I commented in YOUR thread I didn't see why people like it so much, I haven't fallen in love at all, I come here because it is an iPhone forum, when I started with BlackBerry I went to CrackBerry to get help, I assumed that once getting an iPhone I'd come and get help on a mobile nations site for the issues I have with that device.

Our twitter conversation started with him DMing me a link to an iPhone App he thought I might like, the conversation then went into usage of the devices and how I wasn't interested in any app that I didn't see an increased producitivity from, I only use my iPhone 5 days a week 14 hours a day, once the work days are over, I'm not using it for play, as I just don't enjoy it, we got on about difference in usage, what his battery life is, what mine is, and the fact we have very different needs, He doesn't really use the PHONE aspect of the iPhone, were as I use the Phone more than any other aspect even more than email at the moment.

I didn't take it as a disrespectful reply, you probed to see if I was just here to stir the pot or if I had any actual interest in participating in this forum.
    perfectly acceptable, there was no personal attacks, and as a result I took the time to address each point.

and the folder option seems to be my only one, not one I'm a fan of, but I'll make due.
    As I answered your thread in the 4S forurm I will say the same thing here now that I am getting to know what you are all about a bit better and actually respect the factt hat you have well thought out answers. Yes I was probing to make sure you were just not another ranter on here to stir the pot and I no longer think that.

Once again I will say that I am sorry that you cannot or did not know that you cannt delete anything (apps) that came preinstalled on iPhone and only apps you choose to install. It would be nice if you could gather them up into a folder and then like BB just hide the folder but if as I suggested and so did others just move the folder, folders to the last panel you will be rid of them as best you can.

I don't use many of the stock apps either such as game center etc and this is what I do with them but keeping them on the last panel that i rarely use. I wish you luck and hope you may someday actually see the good in this device and when you become more use to it you will form a different opinion and if you don't, Well it is your opinion and nobody can fault you for that.
    10-01-2012 06:46 PM
    m.youtube.com/watch?v=HyLzh69FAj4&feature=fvwrel

Try this
    01-04-2013 06:06 PM