What Web browser do you use on your iPhone?

What browser do you use?

• Safari

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Chrome

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Dolphin

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Opera Mini

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Atomic

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Photon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skyfire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Safari, but I find the iCloud tabs only work half the time. When I find a site on my iPhone or iPad that would be easier to use on the laptop, I try to use tabs. Sometimes they aren't synced.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Time to try a couple browsers out over the next few days, I'll probably write up a comparative review as well. If I had the $2 I'd also have iCab in there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368946133.037381.jpg

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

WindingBerry

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Safari. It does everything if you know how, syncs my bookmarks and open tabs between iPhone and Mac. Is just as fast if not faster than every other browser, plays every media type (if you know how), so on and so forth.

P.S.
I also like the iOS keyboard. Call me weird but I'm used to it find it just as fast as other keyboards and the more you use it the better the auto insight and auto correct become.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I use Safari. I've tried many of the alternatives, but they just don't do it for me. The two reasons Safari is better are:

1) Full use of Nitro and iOS rendering engines. Apple only allows Safari the full use of all resources for web page rendering. 3rd-party browsers don't have as quick of load times as Safari does. Chrome is a great browser, but the slower loads and missing features makes it a second-tier choice for me.

2) iCloud integration. All my bookmarks, open pages, and other information syncs with Safari on my iPad and Macs. This is huge and something that simply can't be achieved with any other browser.

Apple makes Safari on all its platforms for a reason. That's why I use it exclusively. Speed, functionality, iCloud, and interoperability make Safari the best choice for browsing.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I use Safari as my default browser but uses Chrome occasionally because of its incognito tab feature.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I'm now up to 13 free browsers and 7 paid browsers to get later. So a 20 browser comparative review will be done by me. Will be fun I think.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368985960.634310.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for Chrome users, how can you stand it? I frequent pages like Reddit that have lists of links, but every time I click on a link and go back to Reddit, or similar site, Chrome takes you back to the top of page. Only browser I've tried that does it, how can you stand it?

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for Chrome users, how can you stand it? I frequent pages like Reddit that have lists of links, but every time I click on a link and go back to Reddit, or similar site, Chrome takes you back to the top of page. Only browser I've tried that does it, how can you stand it?

Hi, we must have been using different chrome versions or something, because it doesn't do that for me. If I click on a link down on a page and then another and so on, when I go back it doesn't take me to the top of the page, it takes me back to the link I clicked on.

And yes that review of your should be interesting. Looking forward to it.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi, we must have been using different chrome versions or something, because it doesn't do that for me. If I click on a link down on a page and then another and so on, when I go back it doesn't take me to the top of the page, it takes me back to the link I clicked on.

And yes that review of your should be interesting. Looking forward to it.

Hmm, maybe it's Reddit specific. Go to www.i.reddit.com and go down a little, click a link and go back and see if it takes you back to the top of the page. And I'm slowly working on the review. Most of these browsers I've never used before so I'm doing first impressions as well.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Just Safari for me. I do just light browsing so it does the job for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

pommie82

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have used a lot of iPad browsers in the past I have always gone back to safari the web but if I had choice then I would choose iCab browser

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Those waiting for my review, I have 6 more free browsers to go through, I'm really only doing first impressions, I think that's what most people will base their browser choice on anyway. After I get trough the free browsers, I'll write up a review and entitle it the free edition and later when I can buy the paid browsers I'll edit the review, add the paid browsers and write up another review including the paid browsers and entitle it the paid edition. I'm thinking it'll probably be done this weekend sometime.