Hi
    I've updated to ios 6 but now the camera isn't working. It takes a photo but doesn't save to photo album. Also the video rec isn't working either.
    My wife's iPhone 4 has gone really slow since updating hers.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    09-23-2012 04:12 PM
    Hi
    I've updated to ios 6 but now the camera isn't working. It takes a photo but doesn't save to photo album. Also the video rec isn't working either.
    My wife's iPhone 4 has gone really slow since updating hers.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Reset & setup as new via iTunes on your computer.
    09-23-2012 05:11 PM
    Thanks
    Will I lose all my contacts etc?
    09-23-2012 05:44 PM
    Not if their synced with iCloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-23-2012 06:35 PM
    is good to upgrade iphone4 on ios6?
    09-27-2012 06:29 AM
    Of course it's good to upgrade.
    09-28-2012 07:46 AM
    iPhone still has a camera app?

I tossed it into my Junk Drawer folder (along with Stocks, Weather, Game Center, Maps, Safari and Passbook) back with iOS 4 and have using Camera+ ever since.
    09-28-2012 08:50 AM
    same thing happened to me? Don't want to reset new and lose everything...
    10-11-2012 01:47 PM
    same thing happened to me? Don't want to reset new and lose everything...
    Just try reinstalling the iOS again sometimes things go wacky with an installation. Setting up as new to me is always a last resort so here are a couple of the ways you can try to reload it. You can try a simple restore by hooking into iTunes and hitting restore then restore from your backup. You can dowload the ipsw from Apple's servers put your iPhone into DFU mode and do a shift+Restore and point to the ipsw. This will wipe the device load up the OS and then you do a restore from backup. You could also put the iPhone into DFU mode and simply click restore which will do a restore and then restore from your backup.

This would be my favorite method though "You can dowload the ipsw from Apple's servers put your iPhone into DFU mode and do a shift+Restore and point to the ipsw. This will wipe the device load up the OS and then you do a restore from backup."
    lenmac08#IM likes this.
    10-11-2012 03:53 PM
    what does all of that mean? Kinda tech savvy but apparently a lot less than I thought. Thanks in advance!

Tried restoring from a back-up tonight again and camera app still doesn't work.
    10-11-2012 11:27 PM
    what does all of that mean? Kinda tech savvy but apparently a lot less than I thought. Thanks in advance!

Tried restoring from a back-up tonight again and camera app still doesn't work.
    lol sorry DFU mode is a mode where the phone hasn't loaded the OS yet so installing a new OS is a little more clean.
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode
    You can download the ipsw files(iOS) files directly from Apple's servers
    iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

So you are going to download the iOS 6 ipsw for your iPhone. Then connect your phone to the USB cable with iTunes open and perform the steps to get it into DFU mode. You will know it's in DFU mode because the screen will be blank but iTunes will say it found a device in Recovery mode. So now hold the Option(Mac)/Shift(Windows) key and while holding it click Restore in iTunes. It will give you a file browser window prompting you for the ipsw. Find the ipsw you downloaded and click it for the reload to begin this will wipe your iPhone clean and load up iOS 6. Once iOS 6 is done and iTunes prompts you whether you want to set it up as new or restore then it depends where the backup of your iPhone resides. If it is in iCloud unplug your iPhone and go through the steps on the phone to login to iCloud and restore from the latest backup. If the backup is in iTunes then choose restore from backup. If this doesn't work you can try the setup as new, last resort and if it still doesn't work you'll have to go into a genius bar and see what they'll do for you.
    lenmac08#IM likes this.
    10-12-2012 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD