My gripe about iOS 6 right now is that my phone feels buggy now somehow. My banking app now throws up warnings about low resources on my device (iPhone 4 16GB), requiring me to kill apps. Also, just about every time I end a phone call now my iPod starts playing. Not sure what that's about. I'm pretty displeased with splitting podcasts into a separate app, which for some reason can only download literally half of my podcasts. I'm back to downloading them on my computer and syncing, because every other podcast loads to the last few kb, then errors out with no explanation. It does feel a little snappier, but the fact I can't use my built in map app is a sore spot. I feel like a buggy built in app is a bad omen in an otherwise generally perfectionism obsessed Apple. I know my device is two years old, but we need to be willing to admit Apple, like all companies, has flaws. OS 6 doesn't feel finished. It feels like it was put out just to keep up with a regular release schedule. I'd rather wait for release, and not have to issue a public apology for a stupid maps app. I'll also throw my hat in for battery life complications following the update, though there's always a chance of running into that depending on the release. I'm down about 20% per hour with moderate use following update. Hope that's a little more specific than the suspected troll. Anyone else getting this stuff?
    10-03-2012 02:42 AM
    kinda on the boat with ios6 haters. seems like this release was definitely a rush. maybe the fact that iphone 5 release wasnt enough..they thought to add a kapow! of ios6 that just utterly failed. the showstopper was the ipod touch..we were wow'd by it until..the price for that product was released. LOL. its half assing almost everything.

finally! iphone 5! with a faulty ios6
    here's the new ipod touch! just $100 more, to go with that, the new loop feature! just $30 for a colored shoelace that we will name "loop lanyard!

my favorite: the new lightning port! (i love the lightning port actually and bought myself 3 cables already) but..apple's letter goes something like..psych, we won 1 billion dollars and added that to our current 160 billion net worth but we're still going to retract our statement of adding a $30 lightning adapter so you can go buy yourself one instead. lmao..okay. idgi why is it 30 for adapter 20 for a brand new lightning cable? >__>

and of course the infamous apple vs google take on mAps:

i mean look at maps icon. clearly wants you to hop down on a highway from a local street 😅😅 and as a fellow peer stated "so everyone who commutes (in chicago) with a device on ios6 is fxcked?" pretty much.

as much as i love apple, they need to get some things straightened out, if youre trying to attack google on a financial aspect...the point is to take GOOGLE MAPS out and freakin bombard a new APPLE MAPS with some amazing features that will not make us look back at what google maps given us.

to finish: here's our new map app!! features 3D!! only viewable for london, half of paris, majority of new york, and tokyo. the rest you get blurry smudgy looking picture that looks like a 3 year old has painted.

and yes, i wrote this on my beloved iphone 5 which phil said "here's your brand new iphone 5! with some scuffs and scratches because..aluminum"
    Last edited by emozdashietxp; 10-03-2012 at 03:13 AM.
    10-03-2012 03:02 AM
    I like iOS6. I especially find Siri more useful than before. I don't have any issues with maps since I've been in China since the launch of iOS6. Apple maps is actually MUCH better than Google maps in China. The public transportation thing is useless on Google maps for China.... It suggested a route that would have taken 5 hours as opposed to 1 hour if you know what to do. Also, I think the Weibo integration is particular to China, since I haven't seen anybody mention it. Although Siri won't post to Weibo like it does to Twitter and Facebook, there are Weibo links in photos and other areas.
    Attached Thumbnails i hate iOS6-photo-2-.png  
    10-03-2012 04:19 AM
    Does apple user has another choice?
    10-14-2012 11:10 PM
    Can anyone help me undo it? Also, as an aside, i downloaded it without being connected to the computer, and i didn't update itunes10.7 first. Now i down't have youtube, i can't use my itune, or apps on my ipad.
    Do i have to reset it?
    You deserve what you asked for. You downloaded it without keeping up with the news that just about everyone who reports on ios was REPORTING..... From your post it would seem that you were an early adopter and didnt wait a few days... which sucks for you. Im happen to still be on 5.1.1 and am loving it even more, only because of the maps which i have to use frequently. As for the apps just be patient they will catch up with time
    10-15-2012 01:57 PM
    I've had iOS 6 since the betas. I've liked it. Even the maps. I like the fact that they are a lot less "busy" until you zoom in and the turn by turn works well for me.
    nmeredith13 likes this.
    10-15-2012 07:11 PM
    izzzOS6 Rocks like butter baby!!!!!!!
    10-15-2012 07:26 PM
    Hi there

The bigger problem for my ih the wifi range, now i move away 5 meters from my router, and the connectin begings to fade out, other movil devices work great in the same place where my iPad2 loose the signal.

Any one have the same problem?

Regards
    10-17-2012 12:31 AM
    Traffic in Apple Maps shows significantly less fine detail. If you review Google Maps comparing Apple Maps for the same zoom level, Google Maps is really a lot more descriptive.
    10-18-2012 03:58 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD