i hate iOS6

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded my sister's iPad just out of curiosity. And the results I discovered was this.

iOS6 can be explained by no other words than a work in progress. There's nothing wrong with that, but I just like to have the comfort of using something that I know actually works. She actually came back and said, "Why did you upgrade? Safari's messed up, change it back."

And iOS users better be glad that Google, out of the kindness of their own heart, decided to make a YouTube app. Although it would've been one storm I would like to have seen.

It's not that iOS6 is bad. They could've waited, or released it last year. I'm actually curious as to how many people actually upgraded vs who didn't.

Isn't EVERYTHING in life a "work in progress"? Nothing is ever finished. Or perfect. It is what it is.

Last edited:

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
iOS5 has it's established bugs, but it you know what it is and it works. Other than that, nothing was wrong with it.

iOS6 is okay, but there's pieces missing. By iOS7, everything can change. I feel Apple is just getting started.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS5 has it's established bugs, but it you know what it is and it works. Other than that, nothing was wrong with it.

iOS6 is okay, but there's pieces missing. By iOS7, everything can change. I feel Apple is just getting started.

C'mon metrion. Stop making general statements and be specific. What specific pieces are missing from iOS 6, in you opinion and specifically, how might everything change by iOS 7, in your opinion?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
C'mon metrion. Stop making general statements and be specific. What specific pieces are missing from iOS 6, in you opinion and specifically, how might everything change by iOS 7, in your opinion?

metrion is just another motoleo D... you'll never get a meaningful dialog out of her/him/whatever...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
metrion is just another motoleo D... you'll never get a meaningful dialog out of her/him/whatever...

I know. I'm just messing with him or her. ;) As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to turn in for the night. You have a goodnight, my friend. ;)

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know where to start. iOS6 brought things that may have seemed new to anyone that didn't previously own an iPhone. Passbook? Apple is late to the game. I can't tell you how many people already have The alternative app for that. Key Rings! Baby!

Panoramic photos. Again. Come on Apple. You don't even have to have been looking on the app store to have inadvertently run into one of these panormic apps. Again, the alternative apps do more. Too many to name.

Siri gets Sports and Movies. That's so boring, no one even cared.

I'm not even going to go any further, iOS6 is just an old update. Apple is increasingly taking ideas out of it's own app store and trying to make them into big sellers. Just because it worked with Siri doesn't mean you can rip off any old app and turn it into a success.

That's what they've learned this time.

Exciting would've been a Maps that was actually worth something, good 3d renders and not something that looks like a 90's videogame. And please have some real data, not tons of missing streets and no bus or subway routes. Siri was supposed to have become more understanding. It was supposed to have been able to do flights. That would have been exciting.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't know where to start. iOS6 brought things that may have seemed new to anyone that didn't previously own an iPhone. Passbook? Apple is late to the game. I can't tell you how many people already have The alternative app for that. Key Rings! Baby!

Panoramic photos. Again. Come on Apple. You don't even have to have been looking on the app store to have inadvertently run into one of these panormic apps. Again, the alternative apps do more. Too many to name.

Siri gets Sports and Movies. That's so boring, no one even cared.

I'm not even going to go any further, iOS6 is just an old update. Apple is increasingly taking ideas out of it's own app store and trying to make them into big sellers. Just because it worked with Siri doesn't mean you can rip off any old app and turn it into a success.

That's what they've learned this time.

why must you keep repeating yourself, it's getting old

plus, since when do they let patients at the mental ward have Internet access?

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
My gripe about iOS 6 right now is that my phone feels buggy now somehow. My banking app now throws up warnings about low resources on my device (iPhone 4 16GB), requiring me to kill apps. Also, just about every time I end a phone call now my iPod starts playing. Not sure what that's about. I'm pretty displeased with splitting podcasts into a separate app, which for some reason can only download literally half of my podcasts. I'm back to downloading them on my computer and syncing, because every other podcast loads to the last few kb, then errors out with no explanation. It does feel a little snappier, but the fact I can't use my built in map app is a sore spot. I feel like a buggy built in app is a bad omen in an otherwise generally perfectionism obsessed Apple. I know my device is two years old, but we need to be willing to admit Apple, like all companies, has flaws. OS 6 doesn't feel finished. It feels like it was put out just to keep up with a regular release schedule. I'd rather wait for release, and not have to issue a public apology for a stupid maps app. I'll also throw my hat in for battery life complications following the update, though there's always a chance of running into that depending on the release. I'm down about 20% per hour with moderate use following update. Hope that's a little more specific than the suspected troll. Anyone else getting this stuff?

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
kinda on the boat with ios6 haters. seems like this release was definitely a rush. maybe the fact that iphone 5 release wasnt enough..they thought to add a kapow! of ios6 that just utterly failed. the showstopper was the ipod touch..we were wow'd by it until..the price for that product was released. LOL. its half assing almost everything.

finally! iphone 5! with a faulty ios6
here's the new ipod touch! just $100 more, to go with that, the new loop feature! just $30 for a colored shoelace that we will name "loop lanyard!

my favorite: the new lightning port! (i love the lightning port actually and bought myself 3 cables already) but..apple's letter goes something like..psych, we won 1 billion dollars and added that to our current 160 billion net worth but we're still going to retract our statement of adding a $30 lightning adapter so you can go buy yourself one instead. lmao..okay. idgi why is it 30 for adapter 20 for a brand new lightning cable? >__>

and of course the infamous apple vs google take on mAps:

i mean look at maps icon. clearly wants you to hop down on a highway from a local street 😅😅 and as a fellow peer stated "so everyone who commutes (in chicago) with a device on ios6 is fxcked?" pretty much.

as much as i love apple, they need to get some things straightened out, if youre trying to attack google on a financial aspect...the point is to take GOOGLE MAPS out and freakin bombard a new APPLE MAPS with some amazing features that will not make us look back at what google maps given us.

to finish: here's our new map app!! features 3D!! only viewable for london, half of paris, majority of new york, and tokyo. the rest you get blurry smudgy looking picture that looks like a 3 year old has painted.

and yes, i wrote this on my beloved iphone 5 which phil said "here's your brand new iphone 5! with some scuffs and scratches because..aluminum"

Last edited:

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
I like iOS6. I especially find Siri more useful than before. I don't have any issues with maps since I've been in China since the launch of iOS6. Apple maps is actually MUCH better than Google maps in China. The public transportation thing is useless on Google maps for China.... It suggested a route that would have taken 5 hours as opposed to 1 hour if you know what to do. Also, I think the Weibo integration is particular to China, since I haven't seen anybody mention it. Although Siri won't post to Weibo like it does to Twitter and Facebook, there are Weibo links in photos and other areas.

Attachments

• photo (2).PNG
    photo (2).PNG
    457 KB · Views: 58

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help me undo it? Also, as an aside, i downloaded it without being connected to the computer, and i didn't update itunes10.7 first. Now i down't have youtube, i can't use my itune, or apps on my ipad.
Do i have to reset it?

You deserve what you asked for. You downloaded it without keeping up with the news that just about everyone who reports on ios was REPORTING..... From your post it would seem that you were an early adopter and didnt wait a few days... which sucks for you. Im happen to still be on 5.1.1 and am loving it even more, only because of the maps which i have to use frequently. As for the apps just be patient they will catch up with time

DrBit2011

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

The bigger problem for my ih the wifi range, now i move away 5 meters from my router, and the connectin begings to fade out, other movil devices work great in the same place where my iPad2 loose the signal.

Any one have the same problem?

Regards

Daniel Gaming freak

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Traffic in Apple Maps shows significantly less fine detail. If you review Google Maps comparing Apple Maps for the same zoom level, Google Maps is really a lot more descriptive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2