Restore iPhone - start fresh, will games data still there?

k_kjong

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I have one question, as I want to start fresh when iOS 6 is available, i want to just restore my 4S, then choose from scratch which apps I will download. However, I am a little bit concerned about my games data. If I redownload my games, will my progress still be there?

eklenken

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I have one question, as I want to start fresh when iOS 6 is available, i want to just restore my 4S, then choose from scratch which apps I will download. However, I am a little bit concerned about my games data. If I redownload my games, will my progress still be there?

No you will lose game data

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
so the only way I can keep my game data is by doing OTA update?

No, you can update via iTunes. It will back up your device beforehand and then restore that backup after the installation of iOS.

k_kjong

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
No, you can update via iTunes. It will back up your device beforehand and then restore that backup after the installation of iOS.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that option. :p
But if I just sync my games through iTunes, not restore from the backup, the data won't be there, right?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh, yeah, I forgot about that option. :p
But if I just sync my games through iTunes, not restore from the backup, the data won't be there, right?

That is *my* understanding, but I could be wrong.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't had or noticed any glitches with the current iOS, you might as well update via iTunes and have it restore the backup. doing so will allow you to keep your game data as well as enjoy a fresh install of iOS 6. If afterwards, things get a little glitchy, although I highly doubt it would, you can always reset as new later on.

k_kjong

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't had or noticed any glitches with the current iOS, you might as well update via iTunes and have it restore the backup. doing so will allow you to keep your game data as well as enjoy a fresh install of iOS 6. If afterwards, things get a little glitchy, although I highly doubt it would, you can always reset as new later on.

Hmm, yes maybe I'll just do that. I'll do a clean restore when I feel there'e something wrong. Thank you so much! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh