All in one IM App

mscalero

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Just wondering on the recommendations for the best All-in-One IM app. I currently use Trillian however it does not support Skype, and it's a little flaky with badge notifications.

I am looking for an app which can do:

- AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Facebook, Myspace, Gtalk, and Skype
- Push notifications for more than 12 hours
- Has reliable notifications
- Is kind to my battery

So far I have used IMO, IM+, Trillian, and eBuddy. None of them seem to satisfy the criteria above. I did like IM+ but it doesn't support Myspace chat any longer. Any other good ones out there?

Mike

mscalero

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I used to also use Beejive on my BB.

Question about Beejive does it still have the custom alerts for when a specific user signs on or off (in the iOS version)?

Would still prefer an app which satisfies all the criteria though.

Mike

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It does have that option. Try out the free version in the App Store. They separate the free versions by the instant messaging service. Is the all in one that costs money.

mscalero

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd drop the beans for the all in one. Still waiting to see if anyone knows of anything that will also support Skype and fulfill the other requirements. If not I'll give Beejive a shot.

Thanks!

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I see no mention of it in the App Store description but on the website Im+ seems do so all of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't really use any IM clients other than Facebook messenger, but I have used IM+ and trillian and they were both good. I liked trillians design more than any other IM client but again, I'm not a fan of always being online with an IM. Il do some looking around to see what my friends use.

mscalero

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried Beejive and I will stick with it.

I am surprised there are so few all-in-one clients that support Skype. Maybe Beejive will incorporate them in the future.

M

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR