Dropbox two-factor verification setup and trouble shooting

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Dropbox has rolled out two-factor verification:

Dropbox releases two-step verification beta, rolling out to all accounts soon | iMore.com

I'm working on a how-to right now:

How to set up two-step verification for Dropbox | iMore.com

However, Dropbox keeps rejecting the security code. I'm using the SMS version, not the Google Authenticator version, but it shouldn't matter. It just keeps saying Invalid Code.

I kept at it though, and after 3 codes for the Mac and 2 codes for my iPhone, Dropbox finally accepted it.

Anyone else trying it out? Anyone else having any trouble or have any advice?

I live in Dropbox, so two-factor authentication was a non-brainer for more. (Instead of writing down the emergency recovery code, however, I put it in 1Password.)

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Is there a limit to the amount of times you can "try" using a code before something horrible happens? Data erased or what not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hailredskins#AC

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm also getting this same error "Invalid Code" upon entering the authenticator code. Manually entering and us the QR code both result with the same error.

CoachGoko

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Would post a link but I've seemingly not provided enough wit/wisdom as of yet to be granted that power. So you'll have to google it.

Wolf Cookie

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Does this have any impact on the (many!) apps that tie into Dropbox?

My guess on this would be YES. I would think that any apps that you use to automatically upload photos and whatever else would probably have to support this as well. That's why I'm not doing the 2-step thingy until the apps I use support it too.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
My guess on this would be YES. I would think that any apps that you use to automatically upload photos and whatever else would probably have to support this as well. That's why I'm not doing the 2-step thingy until the apps I use support it too.

Good point, think I'll hold off as well.