Syncing QuickOffice Pro

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to use QuickOffice Pro HD on my iPad to work with Excel and Word files, syncing with my Windows desktop. The problem is that it doesn't work.

Using DropBox as my cloud source, half the time my documents get corrupted when I send them up to DropBox. I just tried adding Google Drive/Docs, and when I try to send my files up to there, it simply fails to upload.

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey gordol
I have never faced any issues while uploading and accessing files between office computer and my iPad 2. I uses the same cloud services i.e. dropbox. Have you every tried to upload files to cloud using iPad and access it through PC, if yes did you found corrupt files over the computer?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey gordol
I have never faced any issues while uploading and accessing files between office computer and my iPad 2. I uses the same cloud services i.e. dropbox. Have you every tried to upload files to cloud using iPad and access it through PC, if yes did you found corrupt files over the computer?

Yes, that is exactly what I'm doing, and finding. It's happening intermittently with .doc and .docx files and consistantly now with a .xlsx file.

Documents To Go has better iPad/Desktop syncing, but it does not support some Excel functions I need so this is severely crimping my ability to work with the file. I may need to see if Numbers will work for me... I'd rather use QuickOffice.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using dropbox with cloudon. If Itry to open the file, especially excel, in dropbox, it seems to not load correctly. If I open files through cloudon, they seen to open fine.

I was going to get quickofficepro, but it seemed like couldon did the same things for free.

Does quickoffice allow you to save as or print? If so, I might give it a shot.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I am currently using dropbox with cloudon. If Itry to open the file, especially excel, in dropbox, it seems to not load correctly. If I open files through cloudon, they seen to open fine.

I was going to get quickofficepro, but it seemed like couldon did the same things for free.

Does quickoffice allow you to save as or print? If so, I might give it a shot.

Yes, QuickOffice does those.

Reactions: cyberpaw

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm giving up on QuickOffice, at least for now. Numbers reads xls/xlsx files and exports xls back to iTunes and supports the functions I need. Not as seamless a sync as I'd like, but serviceable. I'll give QuickOffice a try again when it next updates. If only there was a way to get in touch with actual tech/customer service, but Google doesn't believe in actually talking to their users.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73