A lockable clock app?

2oh1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Now that the iPhone 5 is on the way, I'm thinking of turning my iPhone 4 into a permanent bedside alarm clock. I'd like to add a bit of security though. Is there an alarm clock app that stays locked, preventing one from exiting the app without a passcode?

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for the same thing. I had one on my blackberry and was a great fail-safe since I had to unlock my phone instead of accidentally turning it off in my sleep. I found wake n shake but I saw mixed reviews on it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What's wrong with the alarm app that comes on the phone? You don't have to worry about exiting it, because it runs in the background.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with the alarm app that comes on the phone? You don't have to worry about exiting it, because it runs in the background.

Its too easy to silence the stock alarm. I am looking for an app that requires more user input to stop or snooze the alarm so i am not cancelling it while asleep.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

Alli,
My only issue is that it doesn't display as a clock for bedside use.

Hopefully, the app Alarm Clock will be updated to work in DnD mode.
This is a great free app but since the iOS update, I'm having to use the native alarm clock of course without the clock displaying.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I guess I just don't understand people who don't get up when the alarm goes off.

Why not set 4-5 alarms 2 minutes apart, with increasingly obnoxious alarm sounds?

2oh1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I think we've strayed from my original question. I'm looking for a lockable clock app so that I get to have a bedside clock while keeping my data safe from a potential snooper.

It's not about snooze buttons or anything like that. It's about me walking away from my old iPhone 4 without giving anyone who walks by access to my email, texts, etc.

I'm guessing that what I'm looking for doesn't exist.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
When you jailbreak you can set password protection onto apps so people can only open apps with a password. Not exactly what your looking for but we are getting closer. I used to have a jailbreak tweak that showed the weather on my lockscreen. I dont see why you couldnt either have an alarm that works in the background or one that operates via the lockscreen itself.