App vs App for iPhone suggestions

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys,

What apps for iPhone and iPad would you like to see put head to head?

Any you're looking at but can't make a decision on which one to go with?

Let us know!

Here is a list of app vs app comparisons we've already done!

App Vs App | iMore.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reeder vs Feeddler Pro
Instapaper vs Readability/Pocket
DataVault vs mSecure vs 1password

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site

eric6052

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Docs to go vs Pages,Keynote, etc, vs Quickoffice. That one was a hardmchoicemfor me given the price differences, features and compatibility issues each has with different formats and other platforms. I ended up going with Quickoffice.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
once iOS6 is out... The native Map app vs. Navigon/Garmin street pilot/TomTom/Telenav/... other popular navigation apps.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
How about Documents 2 Go vs QuickOffice vs...

I currently have both installed, and find that the first is OK for Word files but useless for Excel files (does not support calling data from other sheets in the workbook), but while the second seems to work fine with the Excel files, it constantly corrupts my Word files.

Sophos

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
This might be a silly suggestion but how about an App Vs App on Words With Friends VS Wordfeud? They are essentially the same game with a few differences that might make for an interesting comparison. I have been playing Wordfeud since back in my Android days....and was super stoked to find they also have awesome iPhone/iPad apps.

Cheers

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thank you, Ally, but the security comparison you did, did not include DataVault. Also, the RSS comparison did not include Feeddler. Reeder and Feeddler are arguably two of the top traditional RSS readers and a comparison of the two, in my opinion, is warranted. DataVault is often mentioned in these forums when people ask for password apps and it has been around for a while. I thought it would be a good idea to compare it with the ones you've reviewed already or at least with mSecure and 1password. Anyway, thank you for responding, Ally. I appreciate it. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. ;)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Thank you, Ally, but the security comparison you did, did not include DataVault. Also, the RSS comparison did not include Feeddler. Reeder and Feeddler are arguably two of the top traditional RSS readers and a comparison of the two, in my opinion, is warranted. DataVault is often mentioned in these forums when people ask for password apps and it has been around for a while. I thought it would be a good idea to compare it with the ones you've reviewed already or at least with mSecure and 1password. Anyway, thank you for responding, Ally. I appreciate it. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. ;)

I actually did a 1Password vs DataVault comparison a while back. I wasn't very impressed with DataVault. Not saying it isn't a good choice. It's always hard to pick the top 3 and of course my opinion and choices won't always appease everyone but I try to be objective and pick the ones that I think are the most beneficial to iOS users.

1Password vs. DataVault for iPhone: Fight! | iMore.com

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
How about Documents 2 Go vs QuickOffice vs...

I currently have both installed, and find that the first is OK for Word files but useless for Excel files (does not support calling data from other sheets in the workbook), but while the second seems to work fine with the Excel files, it constantly corrupts my Word files.

GREAT suggestion. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually did a 1Password vs DataVault comparison a while back.
Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware of it. :(
I wasn't very impressed with DataVault. Not saying it isn't a good choice.
DataVault is not for everyone and neither is any other app so I understand, my friend. :)
It's always hard to pick the top 3 and of course my opinion and choices won't always appease everyone but I try to be objective and pick the ones that I think are the most beneficial to iOS users.

1Password vs. DataVault for iPhone: Fight! | iMore.com
You do a great job, Ally so keep doing what you're doing. Thanks for replying and enjoy the rest of your day.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen