iPhone 4S is the best smartphone you can buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I never said the battery life "sucked", i actually said it was quite good if you go back and read!

And i haven't been proven wrong here bud! You did tell cardfan the camera was on par (which it isn't), and i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree with your earlier stated numbers since you're talking your specific phone and im talking about multiple people who have reported on their phones battery life...it can be compared because its the same phone! But in the same light, a lot of people say they get terrible battery life on the 4S, and many (like me) never experienced that, so it can be hit or miss i suppose.

Don't be mad, be happy, you have a phone you love enough to come on an iPhone forum and defend it to death! Congratulations! (i dont know what for, but take it anyways there champ!) I'll let it go now, feel free to tell me how im being a fanboy on an iPhone forum about the iPhone if you like. :eek:

The only reason I still stop by is because my mother is still using an iPhone 4 and I just like phones in general so I try and keep up to date on everything...

In regards to battery life, you essentially told me i was lying and it just wasn't possible...initially, you said nothing about all of this "research" you did about other S3's. I simply showed you it WAS possible. And you're right, I know of several people who said the 4S got terrible battery life, and mine was always really good..so, finally, we agree on something. I don't use the term fanboy, I think it's stupid...I'm just not afraid of debating when I know what I'm talking about.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
1) It runs Android 4.0.4 out of the box, the newest version of Android available on a phone....so you're wrong there.

2) On my Verizon S3, I've got MAYBE 10 bloatware apps at the most...all of which can be disabled without rooting, so again, you're wrong.

1. 4.1 is the latest. If you had a Nexus instead of a samsung super bloatware gs3(times the bloatware) special that might or might not receive an update someday, you'd know better.

2. The UI itself is bloatware. Did you disable that too? But let's pretend you're correct. Don't you think 10 is 10 too many? Here's one of many threads on it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...ould-i-disable-settings-applications-mgr.html LOL.

Look, when it comes down to it, we all know why you like the phone. It has a bigger screen for the kiddos. It's the main reason why most android users pick android. But it's no iphone. Bloatware, worse camera, virtually no support, lag, stuttering, fragmented app store, terrible battery life, etc. The list goes on...

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
1. 4.1 is the latest. If you had a Nexus instead of a samsung super bloatware gs3(times the bloatware) special that might or might not receive an update someday, you'd know better.

2. The UI itself is bloatware. Did you disable that too? But let's pretend you're correct. Don't you think 10 is 10 too many? Here's one of many threads on it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...ould-i-disable-settings-applications-mgr.html LOL.

Look, when it comes down to it, we all know why you like the phone. It has a bigger screen for the kiddos. It's the main reason why most android users pick android. But it's no iphone. Bloatware, worse camera, virtually no support, lag, stuttering, fragmented app store, terrible battery life, etc. The list goes on.

4.1 is the latest, yes...but only on the Nexus 7. You have to root on the Galaxy Nexus to get it, and I don't count that since it's not official.

The UI is visual, is does nothing to affect the usability or typical functions of the phone...it just looks different, no biggie. And as far as bloatware, who cares?? So I've got a few Verizon apps that I'll never use...they're disabled now, out of sight out of mind.

Again, the camera is IN MY EXPERIENCE (along with cnet's, apparently) at least as good as the 4S...I never said the camera is better than an iPhone, but it IS at least damn close to it. Lag?? Have you actually used this phone? Not even gonna comment on that, that's laughable. Battery life has been covered, go back and read.

But you're right, it's no iPhone...

rdogger#CB

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
4.1 is the latest, yes...but only on the Nexus 7. You have to root on the Galaxy Nexus to get it, and I don't count that since it's not official.

The UI is visual, is does nothing to affect the usability or typical functions of the phone...it just looks different, no biggie. And as far as bloatware, who cares?? So I've got a few Verizon apps that I'll never use...they're disabled now, out of sight out of mind.

Again, the camera is IN MY EXPERIENCE (along with cnet's, apparently) at least as good as the 4S...I never said the camera is better than an iPhone, but it IS at least damn close to it. Lag?? Have you actually used this phone? Not even gonna comment on that, that's laughable. Battery life has been covered, go back and read.

Jellybean is actually official on the gsm versions of the Galaxy Nexus, and I think the Nexus S. So you are wrong about running the latest software. You will eventually get there though. And I will back you up on battery life. If you know how run an android phone, battery life can be excellent. I get 16-18 hours out of my Nexus with moderate to heavy usage.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Jellybean is actually official on the gsm versions of the Galaxy Nexus, and I think the Nexus S. So you are wrong about running the latest software. You will eventually get there though. And I will back you up on battery life. If you know how run an android phone, battery life can be excellent. I get 16-18 hours out of my Nexus with moderate to heavy usage.

You are correct... My bad, I was thinking of the Verizon nexus only. At least I can admit when I'm wrong.... Lol

sent using my Galaxy S3

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

Lag?? Have you actually used this phone? Not even gonna comment on that, that's laughable. Battery life has been covered, go back and read.

Lag? Isn't part of the goal with 4.1 to be "buttery?" That pretty much tells you what Google thought of past versions. But even with 4.1, it's not on par with iOS in terms of scrolling, responsiveness, and general lag. iOS will always set the bar in that department vs android.

The UI is a skin over top of android that pretty much started as an attempt to make it look like an iphone. That slows crap down. It's not needed. It's bloatware.

Sorry man, I'm glad you found a phone you like. But I couldn't imagine going backwards. The next Nexus? Maybe. But not one of these bloated mid year release android phones. Too bad a new iphone always seems to be out prior to a nexus and I never get tempted.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Me being happy with what I got isn't the point here... It's the fact that a couple of people seem to think they know more about MY phone (camera and battery life) than I do. I never once bashed your iPhone, never said anything about it that wasn't true, never said I have the best smartphone in the world, and didn't come here to start a fight. I simply corrected a couple of assumptions so that people could see the other side from someone who actually HAS the phone and uses it on a daily basis.

sent using my Galaxy S3

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Me being happy with what I got isn't the point here... It's the fact that a couple of people seem to think they know more about MY phone (camera and battery life) than I do. I never once bashed your iPhone, never said anything about it that wasn't true, never said I have the best smartphone in the world, and didn't come here to start a fight. I simply corrected a couple of assumptions so that people could see the other side from someone who actually HAS the phone and uses it on a daily basis.

sent using my Galaxy S3

Nah, you're right, you never bashed the iPhone, you just decided to come to an iPhone forum and tell us how your phone is just as good in some ways and better in other ways...you decided to plop into a thread praising the iPhone to talk about your Samsung.

Yeah, im sure your intentions were completely innocent, right? haha...it's ok. Enjoy your phone, it will be a really great phone that people want to talk about for at least a few more weeks anyways.

Reactions: kch50428

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I know this first hand....If you give up your iPhone 4/4S for a shiny new Android phone, you will be fine for a while....but eventually, you'll be back....

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Nah, you're right, you never bashed the iPhone, you just decided to come to an iPhone forum and tell us how your phone is just as good in some ways and better in other ways...you decided to plop into a thread praising the iPhone to talk about your Samsung.

Yeah, im sure your intentions were completely innocent, right? haha...it's ok. Enjoy your phone, it will be a really great phone that people want to talk about for at least a few more weeks anyways.

Like I said, we still have an iPhone in the family, so yeah I browse the forums from time to time just like you...

But hey, at least I'm not alone right? See below:

I have both galaxy s3 and iPhone 4s. I prefer the iPhone 4s for media as I am used to the iOS interface more, but I have no problem putting the galaxy s3 in my pocket. It is a good size and very slim. As far as speed goes I hate to tell you that the galaxy s3 is much faster than the 4s. With that being said I think it is more appropriate to hold off the comparisons until the next iPhone comes out since the 4s is approaching a year old and the galaxy s3 has just recently been released. I hope the next iPhone adds a larger battery though because my 4s cannot last the day and my s3 does easily

I agree, the sgs3 beats the iPhone 4s. The app argument is grasping at straws anymore as just about every iPhone app is available on android and works just as we'll. I am interested to see what the next iPhone brings hopefully its not just another minor upgrade like the 4s was.

I stopped reading after the first few sentences because it got boring pretty quickly, but I disagree. I do not believe the iPhone is the best smartphone out there. It is the most fluid, consistent one there is....but let's be real here. It has easily been surpassed by android in several ways. Notifications are better over there, tweaking (which I don't do) and a few minor other things. I will use iOS for the foreseeable future, but it's not the leader IMHO.

The apps argument is nothing, fragmentation exists on iOS, and since I am on AT&T, I would get a galaxy nexus and update to all releases of Android.

S3 whoops my ip4 on every level.
We have both in our household

I don't think that is what I said. The Galaxy 3 blows the current iPhone out of the water. I have used the I phone for years, and this Android is the real deal. I really don't see want a longer phone. I think Apple has painted themselves in a corner. I remember when BlackBerry was top shelf. I think iOS is headed in the same direction. We shall see.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk

And I didn't "plop into this thread to talk about my Samsung".....I answered the question below:

And many people have also replied that some Android super phones surpass iPhone in many ways. I would appreciate if you guys can elaborate.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The 4S may have the best camera, but the HTC One X stands right beside it, also with the best camera.
This has been verified in many reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh